Air compressor

JDal

Hello to everybody,
Need your advice. I'm planning to upgrade my air compressor. I have Duracraft air compressor built in 1991 and its time to change the motor. I am not very strong in that area. My friend told me to get a motor with the following specs -
Enclosure: TEFC
Phase: 3
Hz: 60
Frame: 56C
Have looked at Baldors, and found one on here that is compatible https://www.mrosupply.com/product/25765-Baldor_Electric_Motors-Motors_AC_Motors_General_Purpose What are you folks using and do you like what you have? what do you think of Baldors? what are the alternatives? Thanks!
J.Dalson

Baldor builds some of the best motors around. You can't go wrong with them. However, you need more information, such as horsepower and number of poles (RPM). Almost always 3450 or 1725. Usually compressors run 1725 RPM motors. Also, you need to know the shaft size of the existing motor so you can reuse the pulley. Are you sure you don't need the base plate?

Alternatives are certainly out there, like Leeson or Marathon, but it's really worth spending the money on a Baldor. One of the very few motors made in the USA these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back