Akai APC20 Midi mapping MSC commands SMARTFADE ML

Kozak

Hey all. I notice a thread on this that mentions Qlab. I guess I already know that Qlab can do exactly what i want (i think), but i need freeeeee. : P
My question is, how can i map the Akai apc20 to send midi show control commands to a SmartFade ML? Do you know of any software (free) that can do what qlab does, or is there a manual way to map the Akai apc20 to send different commands (MSC)?

What i hope to achieve is map the buttons (5 rows by 8 columns) to send msc command to trigger cues (stacks in smartfade talk). I know smartface can be controlled this way because i have done it with touchOSC.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

You can do this using Bome's MIDI translator which is a paid program but is very affordable. I think it was only $85 last time I had a client buy it. It's an incredibly powerful MIDI translation program but it does not have MSC commands built in - you'll need to program them manually in to the software by looking up their hex values.

Thanks for all the replies. It was all in hopes of making something go easier for easter. The DIY option is a bit over my head right now. Ill make a note of bome's midi translator for future, or just get the church to buy qlab if i feel like i really need it. thanks again homies. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back