Alec Baldwin involved in accidental shooting death on set of "Rust"

This incident came up in discussion with a past director, regarding some pyro items I found in the filing cabinet storage in the back of the booth, as well as starter pistol blanks.

I find it odd how seriously this incident is being taken, given how past occurrences of this same thing were considered unfortunate mishaps, i.e. Brandon Lee's death during the filming of "The Crow".

This incident came up in discussion with a past director, regarding some pyro items I found in the filing cabinet storage in the back of the booth, as well as starter pistol blanks.

I find it odd how seriously this incident is being taken, given how past occurrences of this same thing were considered unfortunate mishaps, i.e. Brandon Lee's death during the filming of "The Crow".
Well, specifically concerning the Crow, the direct fault was clear, it was Lee's mishandling of the pistol -=- maybe based on insufficient training and prep, sure, though I don't recall hearing that -- and it was he who was dead, so there was no one to charge.

You *might* assume that because of that there was no target for a wrongful death lawsuit...

Or you might just say "we're doing better now".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back