All Things LED

gmff

I have watched the lighting guy we hired for the show this weekend. The theater we rent has just changed to all led and a digital lighting board. I have done conventional lighting for 45 years but have been to busy to learn anything LED or digital board type stuff in the past 4 years that we have started to introduce that into our shows. I don't even know where to start, could someone make a suggestion where? Thanks

I have watched the lighting guy we hired for the show this weekend. The theater we rent has just changed to all led and a digital lighting board. I have done conventional lighting for 45 years but have been to busy to learn anything LED or digital board type stuff in the past 4 years that we have started to introduce that into our shows. I don't even know where to start, could someone make a suggestion where? Thanks
@gmff Possibly if you posted what brands and models of luminaires and likewise what make and model of lighting board, posters would have a starting point.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

You might start by reading DFD's basic guide to DMX: http://www.dfd.com/primer.html
Find out the manufacturer of your lighting console and download the instruction manual and see if there are YouTube tutorials on it. Same with your LED fixtures. Then ask lots of questions!
Even better than an instruction manual you might be able to get an offline software to play with. the big manufacturers have it for free and some also come with visualisation so you can see on your computer what is happening when you do stuff. This is how I learnt about the ETC products.
Enjoy the ride down into the rabbit hole which is DMX and LED
Regards
Geoff

Additionally, (assuming that by "digital lighting board" you mean anything in the ETC Eos family,) I strongly recommend the ETC
Tea Break Tutorial
. It won't get you into all the nooks and crannies of that console, but it's enough to give you a confident start, and in a very approachable way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back