Allen Heath Sq 7 no output out of no where?

DannyDepac

Hi I work for a school with an SQ 7 and while it is clearly awesome and has a bunch of great features, it is killing us with a weird issue. I'm hoping someone can help us out.

We have had several instances now where we set up our mics and use them perfectly fine for a rehearsal and then a day or so later (or even like in today's case, 20 minutes of downtime) we go to use them and get no output and when we get it re routed, we tend to get a ton of feed back.... We clearly have input but somehow the routing doesn't work.

For example, A few months ago we added new monitors successfully and saved everything. Went to start our show the next day and had zero out put after a muting everything after sound check.

Is there something we're missing? Do you think its a board issue? It is a system that was professionally set up only a year ago and we've have had the company come back and check it out with success - they basically re routed it and changed a couple things and got us output back. We save every thing so I don't get it. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you saying that the routing configuration changes on its own, while the console is powered up, without any human interaction with it? Or, does it change routing only after being shutdown and powered on again?

It seems to be changing on its own while powered.

It has also changed after being powered down, which could be misconstrued as just not being saved but the settings were saved and loaded and output is gone / routing is gone. We just reset everything today...Hoping it saves for tonights concert

Until you figure out what is going wrong in the console, you may want to save your scene to a flash drive to load.

It seems to be changing on its own while powered.

It has also changed after being powered down, which could be misconstrued as just not being saved but the settings were saved and loaded and output is gone / routing is gone. We just reset everything today...Hoping it saves for tonights concert
That seems to eliminate operator error. Make sure the AC power to the mixer is clean and stable. A loose connection in the wiring, causing low voltage or brief dropouts, can make a digital mixer unhappy. An LED bulb in an edison base lamp, plugged into the same source as the console, can show glitches and brownouts. Treat it like you would a computer and put the console on a UPS.

If the inputs and/or outputs are from a digital stage box, then consider that the I/O box or its connection to the mixer might have an issue.

If those ideas don't lead anywhere, then it's time to call Allen and Heath support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back