Conventional Fixtures Altman 1KL

Here's the one to get:
proxy.php

[URL="http://www.jlg.com/en-US/Model.html?BaseProductLineNodeId=c662180a-b3fa-45f8-b066-07980981e2ba&ProductLineNodeId=19418230-4f2d-4eb1-9711-66ccd5196b7d&

The JLG self powered is truly a wonderful lift to use.

Only issues:

It weighs 2500 lbs (well..... 2200 without me in it). Prior to plunking down $10,000 US, I would ascertain if the surface you intend to use it on will take the load.

It only goes to 19'6", platform height, which means you can reach about 26-27 ft. That can be a major limiting factor for some spaces.

We purchased our JLG at the same time we replaced our 20 yr. old Genie man lift, with a new 33ft. Genie. The JLG, even with the added complexity of self powered, battery operated, etc... and being used about 10 times as much as the Genie, has had zero problems and see's only yearly service calls.

The Genie, which is a lighter and in my opinion, less stable tower, then the unit it replaced, has twice developed leaks, has issues with the contact pins on the outriggers and is generally a less reliable unit.

Go JLG if you can, even for the non-powered units. Or give United Rentals a call and ask which units are the most reliable.

Steve B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back