Altman 360

ScaredOfHeightsLD

Hey everyone,
I'm in the process of possibly inheriting an older lighting system to refurbrish and then put into my inventory. It consists mainly of older 6" fresnels and older Altman 360's. Now although this is great, I mean who can't turn down free lights, however about 10 of the 360s do not have lamp assemblys. My question is, is it possible to use 360Q lamp assemblys and lamps(as altman no longer manufactures replacement parts for the 360's) in the 360 fixtures?
Thanks
-Mike Berger

Same basic parts - you just have to replace the G-9.5 base with a P-28s lamp base.

Main question will be the aluminum plate #20-0106 that the med. pre-focus lamp base mounts to. If you are getting more than 10 fixtures and only 10 need a lamp cap, just remove one from a cap that's done and copy the holes. Use the three 8-32 tapped bench focus holes that will be the same for both plates as a alignment guide for thransferring where the holes go for the old style lamp base mounting holes.

After that, exact same parts.

Order the #71-1014 assembly, add a #58-0010 medium pre-focus lamp base to the order. The rest is simple enough.

Same basic parts - you just have to replace the G-9.5 base with a P-28s lamp base.

Main question will be the aluminum plate #20-0106 that the med. pre-focus lamp base mounts to. If you are getting more than 10 fixtures and only 10 need a lamp cap, just remove one from a cap that's done and copy the holes. Use the three 8-32 tapped bench focus holes that will be the same for both plates as a alignment guide for thransferring where the holes go for the old style lamp base mounting holes.

After that, exact same parts.

Order the #71-1014 assembly, add a #58-0010 medium pre-focus lamp base to the order. The rest is simple enough.
I was looking through the BMI supply catalog for the parts and I came across the 71-1013 which is a lens cap for a 360 non Axial fixture, any reason you can think this would not work or do I need to get the 71-1014 and replace the socket?
Thanks

should work... In looking at my own resale inventory, I also note a 360 cap but only one.

My recommendation was based upon what the Altman rep's recommended for the replacement lamp cap as a solution to this discontinued cap problem. Your choice in balancing cost of new style verses old style what's left in stock price.

All of this Production Advantage, BMI and other sources solution for the 360 question is a solution while stocks last in them. After that, it's really not a problem to modify what's the base plate to the 360Q in re-mounting it for a medium pre-focus base as long as you have a sample one to work with.

More often a question of given it's an aluminum plate that is easily bent by well meaning but not knowing stage hands in attempting to bench focus it, that such aluminum plate gets bent up. Buy some extras while you are at it and consider the future option of even if still available thru various sources, that in the long term future that the 360Q and 360 cap are for all intensive purposes the same.

Thus the point of my post. Different mounting holes but the same concept of aligning the bench focus screws and just re-drilling for the lamp base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back