Vintage Lighting Altman 360Q Parts and purge

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
As part of the purge of gear not used for many years so as to make space for other new gear, the “Roy Lights” are gone amongst other gear like Chroma Q 575 Daylight PAR’s, RSC based cyc lights (mostly gone) and some PAR 56 cyc lights I thought were the DHA light curtains, I’m told also on the list..

The Daylight PAR’s, in nothing wrong with them, just not used is a shame to go to a scrap yard. I just don’t have a viable solution in their use in sales or donation. Sales cheap probably a good concept in saving them... but I’m not involved with this or other gear out the door. The Cyc’s even MR-16 based... ok in LED... DHA light curtains in theater history as per a replacement to X-Rays... a shame in concept for fixture gone. Can it really be so many years since last they saw use? Or like beam projectors we had to bring out of an attic in suddenly re-popular way too many years ago... such a concept won’t come back? Way back... 15 years ago... beam projectors became so popular that they were even modified for use as follow spots.

The Roy Lights, (do not know the maker attributed to the name) were an early I think 36" 7-light pod audience blinder made out of Altman 360Q reflectors and lamp caps/base assemblies in an early hack way on a frame. They were mostly safely made for the period and I refined them over the years, but have apparently not been used for years since.

Had my Wife and her crew save the discontinued Altman parts from the frame of the Roy Lights before scrapping the rest of the various plates, screens etc.

I count about 41 Altman 360Q reflectors saved. More than I could need in a lifetime. Each reflector had an entire 360 series lamp cap assembly (some small bracket holes drilled in the sides of the cap), lamp and full wiring to stage pin plug. Add to that, I already have a slightly smaller stack of gate reflectors for the 360Q/other type of light in this part. Used lamps are either FEL or Philips #6981P which I converted the last usage to... seems like months ago... for a show.

Fixtures were well maintained, though in looking at some of the caps... storage has on aluminum lamp sockets, storage corrosion surface going on for some. Lamp sockets should be in good shape given the care level of the fixtures inspite of 1Kw lamps used in them. Random bad bases.

I also have a large stacked box of 6x16 (6x22) lenses.

What to do? Not interested in sales, would forward sales for fixtures to others especially on the Chroma Q 575 Daylight PAR’s... nothing wrong with them, and not even a part to salvage in scrapping. Would love to trade 360Q parts for bodies in making whole fixtures up for donations to other schools literally the upper and lower castings needed only. But mostly proper homes for the parts in surplus others might need as a concept.

DHA light curtains - as with a pallet of lamps for them I have... need a home.

Anyone need reflectors / caps /sockets to 360Q's? Or 6x16 lenses? Gate Reflectors? Misc. other parts? I seem to have a lot of them. Contact off line in not looking for pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back