Altman Bible

Dustincoc

Where/how can I get one? I've got a job this summer that involves cleaning and repairing around 250 lights(360Q's, 6"fresnels, beam projectors, ect). Any requests I've ever sent in for information to altman says to look in the documents section.

I know that's there. Some people have mentioned getting a binder with all of that from altman. I'm looking for that.

Crap!

You could pretty easily download and print them all out yourself and make your own binder.

I've got most of them in a binder now, mixed in with sheets from other companies, I want a binder dedicated to altman sheets that's easily marked as such.

Ah, the fabled "Manufacturer's Binders." For those you have to be, or pretend to be, a large purchaser. Contact your local manufacturer's rep. I regret that, upon leaving college, I left behind binders from Century (LCA), Century-Strand, Strand-Century, Kliegl Bros., Berkey-Colortran, Electro-Controls, and others. I recently came across a cut sheet on the Light PaletteII, mis-filed in my filing cabinet. Sweet memories...

Ah, the fabled "Manufacturer's Binders." For those you have to be, or pretend to be, a large purchaser.
Or just list your inventory, of which 80% is their product(s).
proxy.php

Hmm... I see. You have some big fingers then... Oh if I had a dirty mind I'm sure I could think of something.
JH

Hmm... I see.
If there on this board it means they work / want to work in entertainment. They will learn soon enough....

JH

Ah' the Altman Binder... got two 3" thick versions of it, mine I compiled and the shop's sent to them before I got there. Has all the various pamphlets, price lists and exploded pictorials for like the last 20 or 30 years.

At times it is useful to have the binder and especially with it the price list when debating with them... what happened to this part... it used to exist, what is it now? This as opposed to even having the website with most-not all exploded pictorials on it and of them such pictures often updated, such parts diagrams often don't jive with the Excell version of the current parts parts price list. Catalog also had info on every item, website at times doesn't really have much info about what a part is. That and on the webiste it is often difficult to find stuff especially the little jewels of notes not on the website or at least easy to find such as bench focus notes.

Binders/catalogs, I still use them almost as much as websites. Depends upon what I'm looking for and how much easier it would be to go thru a catalog than a website in searching. GE's low voltage/miniature lamp catalog for instance... try searching for a HPR-52 or #268 lamp on line.

Lots of catalogs/binders in hard copy and a well inexed weblist are one's best friend. Some things are best or easiest on line, others best thru catalog. Looking for some T&B strain relief part numbers today and some Hubbell electrical boxes. Much easier by catalog. Even at times if thumbing thru in looking for something but not finding it as easily on line, my McMaster hard copy gets pulled out and I can find it.

Found it!:eek: You have to click on Cantact Altman in the menu then Literature & Information Requests at the bottom of that page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back