Conventional Fixtures Altman c clamp evolution.

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
I recently acquired a pair of Inkies, so now I’m hunting for a pair of Altman mini clamps, which are discontinued.
C4526AC5-05D7-4A58-A99F-44D2DA97C479.jpeg

Along the way I discovered that Altman has redesigned their c clamps, adding a backbone to the standard clamp, and a safety attachment point to both the standard and heavy duty clamps.

2D98DE96-D3C2-4888-99DB-5F67770DE7B0.jpeg

Surprised they kept the heavy duty, who even likes those?

I have a few of the Altman Heavy Duties around. They're useful when you need to go onto pipes that are larger than standard. The opening is just a bit bigger than a standard cast iron C-Clamp.
A rare occurance, but something that does warrant keeping a half dozen around.

But a full inventory equipped with them? Pain.

Over this side of the pond truss busters like those are less common. For regular lightweight on to scaff bar use, hook clamps are more common, otherwise half couplers or trigger clamps.

I have 3 of them collecting dust if you need them. They have Allen cap head screws in the bottom instead of a hex head bolt, but those should be easy enough to acquire from a hardware store if you want to swap them out.

I have 3 of them collecting dust if you need them. They have Allen cap head screws in the bottom instead of a hex head bolt, but those should be easy enough to acquire from a hardware store if you want to swap them out.
Yeah I’ll take em! I’ll PM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back