Altman Ellipsoidal Pattern Holder Question

jack63ss

I am trying to find the correct Pattern Holder for an Altman 4.5-1530Z-MT. The specification for the fixture say it uses an Altman 360-PH holder, which is supposed to be B-size. However, I have a couple of holders that look the same as the 360-PH picture, but a B-size gobo (86mm) will NOT fit in the holder as the slot in the holder is only 84mm wide (3 1/4"). I was wondering if anyone else had ever run into this issue ? And if anyone has a 360-PH-looking holder that a B gobo fits in, and could measure the inside diameter of the holder slot, that would help.

There is no mfg name on the 360-PH-looking holders I have, so I assume they not actual Altman parts. And I have some other holders that will take a Rosco or Apollo B-size, but I would prefer to use the correct one if at all possible.
Thanks
Jack

360 series as well as Shakespeare holders all work in the 4.5" zoom units. City Theatrical says the A image size is 3-7/16". B is 2-3/4". Not at work, cannot verify. S4 is a physically wider holder, wont fit. I have both CT sandwich style as well as somebodies 3 tab flat aluminum design, might have been Rosco.

I've been out of the industry for way too long. As I recall, you have to cut one side of the gobo flat, to index it as desired for them to fit in the holder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back