Altman is moving

That's a surprising move for a family owned company. I would love to know the rest of that story. Talk about culture shock for any employees making the move. It is nice to see that manufacturing is moving to Denver, and not to China.

Doesn’t state they are closing Yonkers, but I expect that’s going to be the case. They’ve always been in a lousy location in Yonkers, down on the water where it’s a PITA for any truck larger than a cube van to get up and down the hills.

That's a surprising move for a family owned company. I would love to know the rest of that story. Talk about culture shock for any employees making the move. It is nice to see that manufacturing is moving to Denver, and not to China.

There HQ will be in Denver. No discussion of where production is or will be done

I've picked up from their shop, its a factory in an area with a lot of high rises now, I am not surprised they cashed in.

Yeah, good point. They‘re about 2 blocks from a commuter rail station in an area that is seeing huge growth in expensive condo’s. It’s like 1/2 hr. commute to midtown NYC. Would not surprise me they got an offer they couldn’t refuse.
A piece of my history as I grew up 20 minutes away, did all my business with them for many years (until ETC started making S4’s really) and have many good memories of Charlie, Mrs. Altman, Ronnie as well as Tony Sklarew who ran rentals way back. Nice people. I made up a lot of cable bundles in their parking lot !

I spoke with Altman this week and want to clarify a couple of things. They are not keeping the Yonkers location, they have to be out by June or July. They already have manufacturing facilities in Denver for several years now, and this brings the HQ out to where they already have staff and facilities.

Also, I just have to say I LOVE the logo they did for this announcement. The mountains incorporated into the A... very nicely done.

Met Ronnie and Tony in 1973 when I rented Super Troupers for a Seals & Crofts concert.

We became good friends over the years and even sailed from Martha's Vineyard down to Long Island Sound one summer.

Miss them both dearly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back