Altman sues former General Manager over grow light

The way things are going, I would not be too surprised to see a "grow light adapter" for Colorsource or Lustr.
Forward-thinking marketing folks probably have brand and model line names. Supposedly the tobacco firms then named Liggett Group and Phillip Morris trademarked names for smokeable cannabis products over 50 years ago.

Forward-thinking marketing folks probably have brand and model line names. Supposedly the tobacco firms then named Liggett Group and Phillip Morris trademarked names for smokeable cannabis products over 50 years ago.
@TimMc Forward thinking or 4wrd thinking?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Ill just put this here...

Clearly it’s a growing part of the industry.

Last edited:
Several lighting manufacturers are out there promoting both grow lights as well as UV antiviral fixtures. The UV thing was first done by Kenall, I believe. And as for the others - well Insight Lighting (based out of Abq, NM) has a whole product line (Lifted LED) dedicated to pot growing.

the move to Denver really had nothing to do with the LED grow lamp (although it is funny to think about). That move had been planned and debated for a long time. I think it had more to do with the value of the land and cost of manufacturing in NY vs other, more labor friendly, places.

Just my .02

I'm hoping somebody is working on a UVC wash light that I can use as an antiviral house light between performances.
Would generally be a really bad idea. The reason UV-C works so well is that we have ZERO exposure to it here on earth. It does HORRIBLE things to you if you get direct exposure. This is why UV-C units are always sealed.

Here in London we have TrojanUV https://www.trojantechnologies.com/covid-19-uv-disinfection/
They make the UV disinfection system you see in most large scale water and wastewater plants now (I've actually worked on two such plants myself)

Also the move to making grow lights is natural to a company such as Altman, we've certainly seen a HUGE boom in grow operations here in Canada and while the maket is not the most stable now lots of people have gotten rich off of it. There are also more greenhouses than ever, and greenhouses north of certain areas NEED artificial light half the year (more in some areas).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back