Altspot 1000 Q

The FEL lamp that it uses should just pull straight out. If it's fussing (which it sounds like it is), wiggle it out while wearing a glove, just in case the glass decides to break.

Yea, if it welded itself in there, the socket is now bad as well. Look for darkened or pitted pins on the lamp when it comes out. If it was just a tight fit, you are ok. If darkened or pitted, have the socket changed. Parts are still available.

The above is true for the Altspot 1000Q. In the rare event that you have the Dyna Spot model, the lamp is to be pushed down and twisted to the left, like a fresnel. The Dyna is easily identifiable due to the fact that it only has a small top access door towards the rear of the fixture as opposed to the full-length door found on a 1000Q.

Since you said 1000Q, I am betting that you do not have the Dyna; I just thought I'd cover that base.

Last edited:
Sometimes in order to get right amount of force to bear, you need to loosen the four screws that secure the reflector module to the rails and slide the reflector module forward into the stripper plate. This will usually improve your leverage enough to get the lamp out. This of course means you need to take can off the frame but that easy enough to do ( four screws or sometimes thumbscrews, one at each corner. Can lifts straight off). Remember to make sharpie marks on the rails showing correct position of the reflector module. Sounds to me like you'll be shopping a new socket as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back