The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Amature set design

Discussion in 'New Member Board' started by setmandj, Feb 26, 2007.

1. setmandj

setmandj Member

Hello all this is my first post here, and a plea for help. I am designing a set for an up comming performance adn need to know where I can find instructions on fake knife throwing tricks and props. This is for Annie Get your Gun. Any help would be appreciated

2. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    First off welcome to the Booth! You've found the right place to ask that kind of question... you just haven't found the right place to post it. Not everyone reads the New Member Board so ask it again over on the Special F/X Board and I'm sure someone can help you.

Enjoy, there's a lot to learn here.

3. Van

Van CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Project Manager, Stagecraft Industries, Inc.
    Welcome Aboard ! Hey I can do some digging and see if I have any old drawings lying around. I did the knife throwing trick with mousetraps and solenoids if that helps any. It can even be accomplished with trick-lines and hinges if you get the mechanical advantage right.

setmandj likes this.
  4. Chris15

Chris15 CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Welcome Aboard!

If I recall my archival diggings correctly, Annie Get Your Gun was one of the first musicals my former high school ever did.