American DJ Strobe Rope

Watch out on the dimmer hookup- Are they xenon or LEDs? Small xenon strobes usually have a voltage doubler circuit to get enough tube voltage. This circuit can go haywire when run off of a dimmer that chops the waveform.

Oy, if they're the same as my high school used, I wouldn't run them off a dimmer. Plug em in, they turn on, but I wouldn't dim em.

Well I need it on some type of control to put into cues. I have a dmx power pack, no dimming, just on/off power. Seems like that will work okay...
As Pie said, as long as it's just on/off, and there's no SCR in there, just a relay, you should be fine.

Plus you get 80 ADJ points! :mrgreen:

That's only 20 points from an ADJ T-shirt and 1/10th of the way to the LED Police Beacon!

Sorry... I just love the ADJ advantage program. I wish ETC had a similar cheesy program.

\Sorry... I just love the ADJ advantage program. I wish ETC had a similar cheesy program.

Buy three EOS consoles and four backup processors, and when they all crash at once, you get a free SmartFade! (side note - apparently the EOS bug has been fixed, from what I've been told).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back