An Introduction

stoccoj

I have been involved in theater in the local school district in Woodbury, MN for 10 years running sound and lights for many different types of performances. From musicals and one act competitions to dance recitals and lectures (yawn).

At the beginning of the 2009 school year I was hired as the Technical Director for the East Ridge High School theater (The Loft Stage), a brand new school built in the city. Since then, I have spent the last 7 months or so fighting with contractors over punch lists and figuring out all the quirks of a new space (a totally new experience for me). The theater seats 938 and has several unique (though not necessary useful) features.

Additionally, just recently I was hired by the local community theater group to be the technical consultant for the black box theater they are building on to the school next summer.

Needless to say, my life has become very busy and I am very gratefull for this site as it has already helped several times.

Welcome to the Booth Stoccoj! Having recently survived the design and construction process of our theater on campus I think you are perhaps a little crazy voluntarily getting yourself into a second construction project. But fear not, the Control Booth crew is here to help you through the process. Jump in and join the conversation!

Needless to say, my life has become very busy and I am very gratefull for this site as it has already helped several times.

Welcome stoccoj, it's great that you too find value in the ControlBooth forum. It has been very helpful within a wide range of disciplines for many people around the globe.

Congrats on keeping busy as well! Many are still on the hunt for gainful employment.

Thanks again for joining us on the ControlBooth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back