The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

An old dingy grandmother's house

Discussion in 'Scenery, Props, and Rigging' started by TechDirector, Mar 3, 2003.

1. TechDirector

TechDirector Active Member

For "Lost In Yonkers", our flats that we used were regular flats but for the color, we used a swamp green and we took like 5 publix bags and bundled them up together and dipped them into wall paint and gently patted the surface of the flat. This looked really good from the theater seats because it looked like some condo that an old lady would live in with an ugly color wall paper. BECAREFUL THOUGH!!! THIS CAN BE VERY MESSY IF NOT DONE CORRECTLY!!! MAKE SURE YOU PUT DOWN A DROP CLOTH OR ELSE YOU WILL BE MOPPING THE STAGE LIKE ME.

2. tm1000

tm1000 Member

Just had to laugh at that one, learning from your own mistakes it's like the only way to learn in theatre.

3. delnor

delnor Active Member

Why r u doing that on stage anyway? Do you not have a shop to be messy in? LOL

4. tm1000

tm1000 Member

I know for example that our shop isn't big enough for us to be able to do EVERYTHING in.

5. TechDirector

TechDirector Active Member

I'm in a florida school so our budget is crap so they got rid of shop. And that was really stupid because some bozo decided to put up all of the flats first so they had to do the paint thing second.

6. delnor

delnor Active Member

Ah, gottua, I was just kidding by the way, tons of theaters don't have shops especially the little ones by me in Chicago.