An old newbie

STEVETERRY

Hi, my name is Steve Terry and I just joined Control Booth.

I'm the VP Research & Development for ETC, the co-chair of the ESTA Control Protocols Working Group, and the alternate USITT representative to National Electrical Code Panel 15.

It's an honor to have you aboard. I assume that you've been keeping up with our recent ION thread?

I usually ask new folks for a website, but I think that it's quite apparent...
www.etcconnect.com

As I said, it's an honor to have you aboard, and I'm sure that others feel the same way.

It sure is an honor to have you on board here at the booth. Hope you enjoy your stay and can contribute much information as well as gain as much information as you wish.

Welcome!

-Brian Wussow
Assistant Theatre Technician
Fairfield Community Arts Center
Fairfield OH

Third Generation Photographer

Welcome welcome

I'd like to add my two cents worth by welcoming you also. It's great to have you here!

Welcome to the Booth! It's great having some people around who work for the major manufacturers. I hopefully we can help you understand your average customer. There are also a lot of young kids starting out around here who will greatly appreciate your opinions on a variety of topics. So jump in and enjoy.

Now pleasantries aside, can you do something about getting me a Source Four Fresnel? Sorry, the Parnel is just NOT an acceptable fresnel substitute. I don't want any fancy tricks... just slap an HPL lamp behind a fresnel lens and put it in a decent quality housing that has a nice easy to use zoom. I'll take 48 of them if you can get them to me before December 30th 2007. Otherwise that money's going to Selecon and it'll probably be at least 25 years before they are replaced. No pressure. ;)

P.S. Please be sure to express your opinion on the Metric System soon. We need to find out who's side you are on.

Hmmm, recruiting behind my back huh. Mind you, I'm beginning to feel a bit lonely, I haven't heard from Hughsie or Chris15 for a while.
Welcome to Control Booth oh mighty ETC man. WE look forward to the pearls of wisdom that will no doubt drop from your lips.
(See I can kiss butt with the best of them)

Welcome to the Booth! It's great having some people around who work for the major manufacturers. I hopefully we can help you understand your average customer. There are also a lot of young kids starting out around here who will greatly appreciate your opinions on a variety of topics. So jump in and enjoy.
Now pleasantries aside, can you do something about getting me a Source Four Fresnel? Sorry, the Parnel is just NOT an acceptable fresnel substitute. I don't want any fancy tricks... just slap an HPL lamp behind a fresnel lens and put it in a decent quality housing that has a nice easy to use zoom. I'll take 48 of them if you can get them to me before December 30th 2007. Otherwise that money's going to Selecon and it'll probably be at least 25 years before they are replaced. No pressure. ;)
P.S. Please be sure to express your opinion on the Metric System soon. We need to find out who's side you are on.

*shakes his head at gaff...* I thought we were supposed to wait for their second thread before the metric wars....guess the rules have changed.

*shakes his head at gaff...* I thought we were supposed to wait for their second thread before the metric wars....guess the rules have changed.

No, now there is a strong enough offensive that it's a basic question upon joining the 'Booth, just like where you work and what you do there. :)

Hi, my name is Steve Terry and I just joined Control Booth.

I'm the VP Research & Development for ETC, the co-chair of the ESTA Control Protocols Working Group, and the alternate USITT representative to National Electrical Code Panel 15.

Oh Great! Just what we need another Newbie, Asking all the dumb questions like, "What's a watt?", "What's a Leko?" , "What's DMX?". Ok You guys break him in. I'm gonna go hide in the corner.

< Tongue Planted Firmly In Cheek>

Oh Great! Just what we need another Newbie, Asking all the dumb questions like, "What's a watt?", "What's a Leko?" , "What's DMX?". Ok You guys break him in. I'm gonna go hide in the corner.

Sorry about that one Steve... Apparently Van's been off playing pirate and enjoying his Ale a little too much again.

Sorry about that one Steve... Apparently Van's been off playing pirate and enjoying his Ale a little too much again.

Not ale, RUM! RUM! Gotta get it right. Pirates drink rum.

Van offically wins this thread.

Sorry just assumed that the rum was already gone and they had moved on to ale.

> I'll take 48 of them if you can get them to me before December 30th 2007. Otherwise that money's going to Selecon and it'll probably be at least 25 years before they are replaced.

We might be working on this.

:)

ST

> I'll take 48 of them if you can get them to me before December 30th 2007. Otherwise that money's going to Selecon and it'll probably be at least 25 years before they are replaced.
We might be working on this.
:)
ST

:) :) :) :)

Gaff, already disturbing the peace, in the introduction thread by the VP of R&D at ETC? Shame on you.
While I haven't used any ETC gear, save our 5 S4s, it's great to have you stop by. There's a wealth of discussion over ETC products here, so if you're looking for feedback, you've found the right place.

Hey I figure everyone else is kissing up to him I might as well show him our true colors. He's going to read a post from one of the Aussies eventually and then what happens? No, it's better for him to know that many of us are insane now.

By the Way Steve, You're going to like my friend Charc from that last post. He's one of the many great young techs around here working hard without much in the way of training, support or equipment. They ask a lot of tough questions and sometimes we manage to give them good answers. I think that's one of the best things about the booth is that there are a lot of people here who really enjoy giving back to help the future techs. I don't have a great idea of what to do but it seems like ESTA and USITT are both really missing out on the energy these young techs have to offer. There are so many of them out there who would desperately love to do more if they just had some support and training. It's amazing how little most of them know when I first see them as freshmen in college. Like I said, I don't have a grand idea, but there's a huge crowd of eager workers who are hungry for knowledge out there. There must be a way that one of the two major organizations could help fill the need and get something in return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back