analog mixer in digital studio

chitek

I have a mackie 24x4 that I want to use for not only the keyboards and other modules but also I want to patch the computer outs though the mixer so i can eq them manually. Now on the computer I can save all the settings but on an analog mixer I can't. Do you analog guys have a work sheet or something like that to use to take notes on the mixer volume settings and stuff like that? Or maybe were I can find something like that?

I took a good Google, and a stroll through mackie's website.

http://www.mackie.com/pdf/sr24vlzpro_ss.pdf

This was the most helpful part in their website :? Its a specifications sheet, but it has a top down drawing of the board. I havent found any specific cue sheets yet...

There are set sheets you can use to do a sound console plot/ setup, but it's best to design something that will help you. Not everyone knows the symbols that may be used on a pre- designed sheet but like Cruiser said draw up a diagram for your console or find it online and modify it to meet your needs. I personally even just take an pic of the console/ patch bay and just use a spreadsheet and create a pot of the console. See what works best for your style or work. Just my 2 cents.

I've been using my digital camera - takes 4 shots to get my whole board with enough detail that I can repeat all the settings (24X8 Mackie and cheap camera) - but it's a lot quicker than drawing a plot and I can save it and recall it on my computer very easily.

John

John, thats the right idea. Might want to upgrade on the camera though. :) But, it's not a bad idea to have some type of diagram (picture) of whatever you are working with. Goes with just about anything. Also helps well if you have to trouble shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back