Analogue to Dmx converter

Hi, everyone!

I’m pretty new to controlbooth, though have been observing for quite some time.

Can anyone suggest an Analogue to Dmx Demux, as all I can find are dmx to analogue.

To be used with some vintage lighting gear for display purposes. Such as:
Avolites qm500 180
Avolites qm500 90
Avolites qm500 dt
Celco 60 major
Etc...
As you are in the UK, contact Chris Cook of XTBA (dmx@xtba.co.uk) He has what you need, and is local.
Rosemary Heath/Goddard Design Co.

I'll bet there are a lot of those ubiquitous blue TTI MDS 6 packs still in service. It was the original Izenour SCR dimmer design.
The grandfather/father of the TTI was the Izenour Edkotron (might be spelled wrong) which was an unfiltered SCR or triac
dimmer which had as many mechanical issues as it had electronic ones. I had the unhappy experience of running a summer
theater festival with a pile of them in 1967 or 68. I received brand new units out of the box, and found the autotransformer crossfader to be wired incorrectly phased. That was not the only problem we had getting the units to work! The portable TTI pack of a few years later, while sharing a control connector pin out, was a far different dimmer, and probably the best bang for the buck you could get. I would put its performance to be similar to that of the Skirpans. The Skirpan's major difference was true modularity and better chokes. But I'm sure there are some TTI dimmers working today - and trust me, there are no Edkotrons working.
Bob Goddard/Goddard Design Co.

Better yet, just add some old 0-10v dimmers like the TTI ones from the 80's and run the whole thing native!

I work with a summer music festival that still uses an old EDI Scrimmer rack. I'd be more than happy to see the back side of it on it's way out the door. You'll need some sort of crane to move the darn thing.

Attachments

• IMG_1497.jpg
    IMG_1497.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1498.jpg
    IMG_1498.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 152
The grandfather/father of the TTI was the Izenour Edkotron (might be spelled wrong) which was an unfiltered SCR or triac
dimmer which had as many mechanical issues as it had electronic ones. I had the unhappy experience of running a summer
theater festival with a pile of them in 1967 or 68. I received brand new units out of the box, and found the autotransformer crossfader to be wired incorrectly phased. That was not the only problem we had getting the units to work! The portable TTI pack of a few years later, while sharing a control connector pin out, was a far different dimmer, and probably the best bang for the buck you could get. I would put its performance to be similar to that of the Skirpans. The Skirpan's major difference was true modularity and better chokes. But I'm sure there are some TTI dimmers working today - and trust me, there are no Edkotrons working.
Bob Goddard/Goddard Design Co.
Izenour design, strand changed it for production as Edkotron iirc. Fred, Denny, Stew, and ??? who had put in time in the squash court (Izenour's lab) went off and formed TTI to do it right as originally designed. Check it to be sure. Fred was at LDI last year so probably best source.

I work with a summer music festival that still uses an old EDI Scrimmer rack. I'd be more than happy to see the back side of it on it's way out the door. You'll need some sort of crane to move the darn thing.
My back hurts just looking at them! 3 in one case? Eeek! Yea, same pack although mine has Jones in and outlets rather then terminal strips.

Hi, everyone!

I’m pretty new to controlbooth, though have been observing for quite some time.

Can anyone suggest an Analogue to Dmx Demux, as all I can find are dmx to analogue.

To be used with some vintage lighting gear for display purposes. Such as:
Avolites qm500 180
Avolites qm500 90
Avolites qm500 dt
Celco 60 major
Etc...
If you need any replacement channel faders, we have a bunch we scrapped out of a working AVO of
that generation. [email protected]
Rosemary
Goddard Design Co.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back