Analogue to Dmx converter

al.events

Hi, everyone!

I’m pretty new to controlbooth, though have been observing for quite some time.

Can anyone suggest an Analogue to Dmx Demux, as all I can find are dmx to analogue.

To be used with some vintage lighting gear for display purposes. Such as:
Avolites qm500 180
Avolites qm500 90
Avolites qm500 dt
Celco 60 major
Etc...

Hi, everyone!

Can anyone suggest an Analogue to Dmx Demux, as all I can find are dmx to analogue.

Avolites qm500 180
Avolites qm500 90
Avolites qm500 dt
Celco 60 major
Etc...
@al.events Google Johnson Systems (Not to be confused with Johnson Controls which is an HVAC company) OR Gray Interface. Both companies offer zero to 10 analog of either polarity to DMX and I believe they both have cards in about three sizes. Both are very reputable companies to deal with and have been in business for several decades.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Clarify please. You want to convert 0-10 from console to DMX? I actually don't find it at Johnson systems but Pathway does have a e-din device 1006 Analog-to-DMX that converts 24 channels of 0-10 to DMX. I have to wonder if new consoles wouldn't be less expensive.

Kudos for your efforts.
Also see
...http://www.dfd.com/anl2dmx.html (48 ch)

Thanks for the mention @derekleffew :)

And a quick note, our Analog to DMX converter does work at 240V. Just make sure it's called out in the PO if you end up ordering one, as it's a factory option and not standard.

If you have any questions, give us a call or send an e-mail to info at dfd.com!

**Edit** Just had time to look at your collection page. That's pretty impressive! A few of the guys in the shop saw some of the desks and went "WOAH".

It is fairly depressing to see boards you remember using in a lighting museum :angryoldman:

It is fairly depressing to see boards you remember using in a lighting museum :angryoldman:
@JD It's at least equally depressing to attend the funerals of people who you met when they were 17 and you were 45 (In the case of this week) and another who was 18 when I met her and I was 38 in the case of another last month. I find it sadly depressing to be attending the funerals of folks 20 and 28 years younger than myself. Leukemia, boo, hiss!
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

@BillConnerFASTC Did light exist prior to your birth or were you born on a dark and stormy night before God invented sunlight?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
Oh that is funny!!
-------
I know what you mean about the funerals. We had a local band in our area that was Goth before Goth existed (Dead End Kids). Good guys. Right now, the guitarist and star character (much younger than I) is dying of cancer. Yea, I know it's 2018, not 1980, but I have seen so many die, and yes, mainly of cancer of one form or another. Really heartbreaking this aging stuff.
</tangent>

Hi, everyone!

Avolites qm500 180
Avolites qm500 90
Avolites qm500 dt
Celco 60 major
Etc...

With the list of consoles you have I'm surprised you're not looking for AVO's D-A and A-D converters from that period. In addition to those we also had their Softpatch unit that for the life of me I can't remember the name of. The softpatch unit was somewhat sluggish and allowed patching in ways that were not useful. They were quickly replaced with ETC equipment.

You might try to contact Rob Steel who was AVO America at that time and still is one of the most knowledgeable about AVO during the 80's. Who knows he may still know where some of this stuff is. He now works at http://www.pulsestagelighting.com/

Better yet, just add some old 0-10v dimmers like the TTI ones from the 80's and run the whole thing native!

I'll bet there are a lot of those ubiquitous blue TTI MDS 6 packs still in service. It was the original Izenour SCR dimmer design.
Funny how those 40 year old dimmers never die! I still have a bunch of EDI SCRimmers back in the shed (2-7.6v) I fired them up last year for fun and they all ran fine.

I had remembered the name of the AVO soft patch but when I searched for it I found nothing. With the help of friends I found there was no space between the Q and Patch. So here's a picture of it.

Attachments

• QPatch.jpg
    QPatch.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 218
Oh please, these are consoles not even dreamed of when i started.

Can we add Theatrical Gas Valve Operator and Wick Trimmer to your C.V.?

That's experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back