Vintage Lighting Ancient Hard Patch "System"

Hearthfire

Ancient? Hell, Boy that was state of the art when I was.... Oh yeah, I guess it is ancient.

Welcome aboard !

Good Morning, y'all!

I'm coming into a space after the last fellow was here for 32 years. We have an ancient hard patch system (48 dimmers) and 2 additional dimmer packs (Dove something and Leprecon something) and (my favorite!) ETC Express board! I'll add a photo of the dimmer rack. . . y'all will get a kick out of it!

The Leprecon is ghosting like heck.
@Hearthfire Welcome to Control Booth, there are worse places to visit. When I graduated to my first IA theatre space when it opened in the fall of 1973, our similar Strand hard patch routed 100 Six KW dimmers to 307-20 Amp circuits plus 17-50 Amp circuits. It continued to serve for many years until they upgraded to 5 x 96 x 2.4 KW plus 17 six Kw's and went fully dimmer per circuit. Old, but solid and reliable. (Like a few of us here, mutter, mutter.) Welcome to Control Booth.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Wow, they almost used up an entire universe with dimmers!
@JohnD You're teasing me, you know that's how it was in the good old days before the auto pan and tilt, self-following, heat-seekng, wicked whale oil, foot light candles came into being and revolutionized stage lighting as you and I knew it. Finally whales were safe to roam our beaches again. I'm sure it'll only take @Hearthfire mere moments to catch on to when her legs are being pulled above her knees. There are many of us old geezers here, but, in our own humble opinions, you can NEVER have too many geezers and we're all basically harmless.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

@Hearthfire Welcome to Control Booth, there are worse places to visit. When I graduated to my first IA theatre space when it opened in the fall of 1973, our similar Strand hard patch routed 100 Six KW dimmers to 307-20 Amp circuits plus 17-50 Amp circuits. It continued to serve for many years until they upgraded to 5 x 96 x 2.4 KW plus 17 six Kw's and went fully dimmer per circuit. Old, but solid and reliable. (Like a few of us here, mutter, mutter.) Welcome to Control Booth.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.
Thanks!

And I misspelled Leprecon. . . <sigh>
But then so did they, at least when you're searching online and they insist you really must have meant "Leprechaun". Then there is also the science fiction and fantasy convention in Phoenix.
[I was going to post their website but they seem to have certificate problems, my browser didn't like them.]

Worst. Party. Ever.
Not necessarily, get some of those disposable dust masks and a bunch of color sharpies and first have them draw smiley faces on them, then go to work, oh and THEN when they are done bring out the PIZZA.

Not necessarily, get some of those disposable dust masks and a bunch of color sharpies and first have them draw smiley faces on them, then go to work, oh and THEN when they are done bring out the PIZZA.
I stand corrected John.

I did that once. I put the mask on too soon after I had drawn on it. Had a headache for all day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back