Vintage Lighting Ancient Hard Patch "System"

I did that once. I put the mask on too soon after I had drawn on it. Had a headache for all day...
This made me chuckle. All I could think was "Tried to use a mask to reduce exposure to inhalation hazards - exposed to inhalation hazard from marker anyway."

Trust me, I'm laughing with you...it always sounds like a good idea when you first say it!

Hanging cord patch manufactured by Strand Century, both in LA and Malton, Ontario (Toronto Canada)
last one made in Canada was 1982 (or so) and went to the Banff School of Fine Arts

We still have parts.

there are still a fair number of these in service.

Hard Patch you say? Here's one I work with at Six Flags St.Louis, with 40 dimmers and 10 non-dims.
@Rusettsten Comments: Never seen a hard-patch where ALL plugs are / were white, some yes, all never. I guess you learn to keep your grubby fingers clean. Up here north of you we had black plugs for our 307-20 Amp circuits and red plugs for our 17-50 Amp circuits. All male plugs and female receptacles were rated for 100 Amps to allow for the inclusion of 12 Kw dimmers. Our 100 dimmers were all 6Kw and our paltry 6 non-dims were rated for only 50 Amps each. 20 and 50 Amp tails were of appropriate gauges and weighted suitable for the heavier, less pliable, single conductor wires. I'm pleased to see you learned to patch in reverse order as working from the bottom up always kept the patch neat and tangle-free making it MUCH easier to notate and spot any errors. Oh how many times we wished for more and / or higher rated non-dims. Thanks for keeping her tidy and illustrating hard-patches don't / didn't have to be tangled, knotted, nightmares. Thanks again for the photo.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back