And Nowwwww ... the Star of our Show ...

3dB

Ahhhhhh, back in the business again! After a few years out of the sound business - I find myself a community college A/V tech with a nice juicy theater sound system upgrade project to bring home! My background is in sound reinforcement and commercial sound contracting. My family had moved back home to "Small Town", USA several years ago and there were no sound contracting businesses within a 70 mile radius. A recent ad in the paper outlined work at the local college that was right up my alley (12 miles from home!). I'm am looking forward to learning the intracacies of theater sound/sound design (somewhat of a different animal than what I'm used to). Theater lighting will be in the mix and I'm looking forward to learning about that as well. Glad to find a forum that supports us tech-types!

Mark

Welcome. Star? Bah. We're all stars. (Ok, enough mushy stuff.)

Glad to have you here. We have quite a few college tech directors, you'll be right at home.

Ask, Answer, Use the search function. All extremely valuable tools.

Welcome to the Booth 3db... or should I say new guy named Mark who works at a Community College. Get to know the search function, there is a lot of great stuff in the archives. Don't be shy join the conversation!

Signed,
The original guy named Mark who works at a Community College
Fortunately around here I'm just "Gaff"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back