Design Announcing the Source Four Savvy Section for Vectorworks

jbenghiat

I'm pleased to announce the release of my latest Vectorworks plug-in, the Source Four Savvy Section. I found I was spending too much time adding Source Four and Source For PAR symbols to my 2D sections. I was always editing, ungrouping, rotating, and flipping, swapping C-clamps for tees, changing barrel types, drawing top hats, etc. Either that, or I would just settle for the slightly off version I had.

My solution — the Source Four Savvy Section. A single plug-in object with all of the following options:

• Set any yoke angle, tilt angle, and flip.
  • Switch between front or side views.
  • Symbols have attributes set by class, with three levels of detail., so they always look the way you want them.
  • Show C-clamp or tee, with or without a standard 1.5” pipe.
  • Show short yoked.
  • Switch between Standard, 90-deg, 70-deg, 14-deg, 10-deg, and 5-deg barrel types.
  • Add a top hat, half hat, color extender, or scroller of any standard size.
  • Dimensionally accurate fixtures, components, and accessories based on manufacturer drawings

The Source Four Savvy Section works with Vectorworks 12 through 2010. To learn more, visit Source Four Savvy Section. To see a short video of the Savvy Section in action, visit YouTube - Source Four Savvy Section.

Regards,
Josh

I'm pleased to announce the release of my latest Vectorworks plug-in, the Source Four Savvy Section. I found I was spending too much time adding Source Four and Source For PAR symbols to my 2D sections. I was always editing, ungrouping, rotating, and flipping, swapping C-clamps for tees, changing barrel types, drawing top hats, etc. Either that, or I would just settle for the slightly off version I had.

My solution — the Source Four Savvy Section. A single plug-in object with all of the following options:

• Set any yoke angle, tilt angle, and flip.
  • Switch between front or side views.
  • Symbols have attributes set by class, with three levels of detail., so they always look the way you want them.
  • Show C-clamp or tee, with or without a standard 1.5” pipe.
  • Show short yoked.
  • Switch between Standard, 90-deg, 70-deg, 14-deg, 10-deg, and 5-deg barrel types.
  • Add a top hat, half hat, color extender, or scroller of any standard size.
  • Dimensionally accurate fixtures, components, and accessories based on manufacturer drawings

The Source Four Savvy Section works with Vectorworks 12 through 2010. To learn more, visit Source Four Savvy Section. To see a short video of the Savvy Section in action, visit YouTube - Source Four Savvy Section.

Regards,
Josh
Hi Josh (or any one who has an answer)

Is there something like this for other fixtures (for Vectorworks), Altman as well as some of the more popular movers out there (Martin etc.)?

Thanks in advance for any help

Yeah, but is there anything similar with more symbols besides the S4?

Thanks
Hi,

The Source Four Savvy Section is supported through Vectorworks 2017.

Currently the only Savvy Sections available are for Source Four. I do have plans to expand in the near future, both for more Source Four options and additional models.

I don't plan on offering moving lights, however, as you tend not to have to manipulate the orientations and accessories of your sections symbols the way you do for conventionals.

Regards,
Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back