Another Newbie

Hi,
My name is Stew and I am 54 years old. I know; I am a couple of years older than most of you.
My wife is an elementary school music teacher here in Philadelphia and she puts on some wonderful shows for the school and the community. It is a delight to watch the kids perform. It is also a wonder to see how professional they can be. The only problem was that no one could see or hear them. I got a local politician to donate some money, and I was able to put together a half decent sound system. I have 5th – 8th graders run it. Now you can hear them but still can’t see them. Another politician has donated some money (very little) for a lighting system, which I intend to have the students operate. Now here is the problem and why I have ended up on this web site. There is a lot of information out there on the web on how to put together a sound system, but lo and behold there is very little on lighting. I have tried some of the lighting tech. sites and found that they speak a language that is not of this earth. I have read as much as I can on stage lighting and have a little knowledge (very little). I am also old enough to know that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. So be kind to an old man and if I pose any silly questions please don’t laugh (at least not out loud).

Thanks

Stew’

How much money are we talking. They can change what kind of system you end up with drastically.

I am talking about $3,000.00 dollars. It sounds like a lot of money to me, but when you start adding dimmers and the like; it goes fast. We have a stage that is 40' wide and 25' deep, so I have a lot of area to fill.

Stew'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back