Another, "So, I'm Looking For" thread

zac850

Hello All,
I'm doing a small install for an up and coming dinner theater, and I am having trouble finding the control that I want.

I'm looking for a small lighting console, 5 to 6 channels, with a build in dimmer. Easy to find, I know. However, I would like this console to have at least 6 preset buttons.

I have never seen a console with internal dimmers that also has preset buttons. Does anyone know if they are made?

If I can't find this, then I'll just end up with a small NSI console (I'm using the MC1616 now) and add a small dimmer pack. However, it would be better if they were contained together.

So, has anyone heard of a console that matches this description?

Thanks a lot guys and gals!
Zac Spitzer

Interesting. I am curious as to the desire for an "all in one" unit. Used to see a lot of those back in the 70's and 80's but they are so inflexible to change. (EX- remodeling and the desire to move a board without rerouting power.) There are plenty of simple two piece setups you could go with. For example, the Elation Stage Setter-8 has 8 channels with full controls for two scenes and 8 additional pre-programmable scenes. That could be coupled with the RMD-620 for six 2400 watt dimmers, or RMD-1210 for 12 independently patchable 1200 watt dimmers. This would allow any combination of dimmers soft-patched to any board channels.

I'm trying to do an all-in-one system because the 'booth' is a corner of the bar, and I really don't have any good place to put a separate dimmer. I'm sure I could make an external dimmer pack work, but in terms of space, it would be beneficial to have it all self-contained.

Of course, I've never seen an all-in-one system with presets, so, hence the question.

Get a PLAYBACK-8 rackmount console, and put it in a rack with a rack dimmer. The playback-8 will give 8 control channels with 8 "submasters".

Or you can just go ahead and purchase Baxter's solution to this problem, with the AV-8R.

www.dmx2go.com

When space is an issue, don't forget to look up! We put a pretty big show in a very small restaurant for a summer in 1981. Lights, rigging, dimmers, power distribution, everything went above the ceiling. We then just substituted Plexiglas in a lot of the ceiling tile frames. Worked well, see pic. http://witness.velmadinkley.com/pk.pl?pk=pics4/lah07.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back