Another visitor to the booth

"that team up north" is the best I can say about them - I have an older sister and brother in law that graduated from OSU, so I can't even hint on M*******

I'm with Gaff to... never did quite understand cricket... watched it live once in Canada as well...

Whereas I also love baseball (I follow the Cleveland Indians when I can get games on Aus TV. I am about to go to satellite and have high hopes of next years world series at least.) but simply cannot understand your football code.
I played Rugby and Australian Rules in School.

I have no idea why I picked on the Cleveland Indians. I was sort of following them before the Major League movies, in fact my interest in the Indians was why I watched the movies.

I have the ambition of watching an Indians game in Cleveland before I die. I also want to watch at least one game at Yankee Stadium.

Logos - Know we are talking - The Indians are my team too!!!! Was sorely disappointed with them against Sox - especially after the way they took down the yanks

I tell you what - if/when you plan a trip up to the states - get ahold of me - I could put you up for a night or 2, and we could go up to the jake and watch the indians play a regular season game.

I wouldn't mind watching a game in yankee stadium once in my life either.....

You better hurry because they are hard at work with plans to tear down Yankee Stadium II and build Yankee Stadium III. I'm a huge baseball fan but have no interest in going to Yankee Stadium. First of all I hate the Yankees, but more importantly it's not REALLY the "House that Ruth" built. It's a very different stadium than the Yankee Stadium of legendary times.

You have to go to Fenway in Boston or Wrigley in Chicago to experience a truly legendary stadium. About 15 years ago we took a trip through Chicago. We rode the "L" to the game. Purchased tickets from a scalper on the way off the train... 10 rows back behind home plate! Got a Chicago style hot dog. I brought my portable radio with me and sat down to hear Harry Caray call the game. About half way through the game I got to hear him call a home run and even got to hear a "Cubs win". I was in baseball heaven for an afternoon.

We have one of the nicest new modern stadiums here in Seattle. It is designed with many elements reminiscent of the glorious old stadiums while also having a retractable roof. But you've got to go to Fenway or Wrigley to experience the real ghosts of Baseball.

Yeah, Wrigley has always been on my list, ever since The Blues Brothers.

I only got to see a few highlights of the games against the Sox and I had to stay up really late for that.

If I ver make it to Cleveland I'll let you know bandit.

Seattle's on my list too Gafftaper so you never know.

yeah, fenway and wrigley both are classics of baseball.
been to both - and that is a true baseball experience!

never the less, I still think it would be neat to see the yanks play in their stadium, even though I would be cheering on the visiting team!

Wow, finally you've all hit on something even I, an avid hater of all competitive sports, can comment on.

8/8/88: The day Wrigley Field died. And I was living in Wrigleyville at the time, and campaigned profusely. Ironic, huh?

I have no idea why I picked on the Cleveland Indians. I was sort of following them before the Major League movies, in fact my interest in the Indians was why I watched the movies.

Tough team to pick - the Indians have been frustrating fans for decades. Jacobs Field is a great park, replacing the monster 80,000 capacity Municipal Stadium [Great history - Nap Lajoie and Larry Doby on one hand; nickel-beer night on the other.] . I went to a few games there that had a good crowd of 40,000 and the place was and looked half-empty. On the other hand, I remember watching a Yankees at Cleveland game on TV once and the place was sold out - that was a sight to behold.

If you ever get to Cleveland, take a drive down the pike to PNC Park in Pittsburgh - great new park, but the Pirates are just bad these days.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back