Another visitor to the booth

banditj13

Hi All - I had been looking for a fairly active community to help me out- most of the other forums are boring, and unattended!

Great community here!

Anyways -
I am 22 years old, male, engaged, live alone, no pets (severe allergies)...
I am starting a new job in january as a network administrator for a small comminity hospital in central ohio... been in IT fulltime since I was 17 (yes, I still went to school)

Have been a sound technician for 2 or 3 churches for about 6 years - all small churchs (32 channel boards or smaller)
Recently started a media ministry at an assemblies of God church, which encompasses sound, lighting, computers, A/V, etc...

Let's see - ninjas, cubits.... can't think of what else ;)

Oh, and GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard, If you've got a website lay it on us, we are all incurably nosy. Ask any questions you want (including how many carrots it takes to feed a wombat when measured in cubic cubits) we will attempt to answer your questions.
We don't talk about rigging or pyro's.

I might start a Zombie fan group they appear to be unrepresented.

so then, how many carrot does it take?:lol:

You can check out www.komputersnmore.com if you want - my old, old IT company I owned - I have since moved on, but the page is still there... a bit rundown - some link broken due to unneeded information... etc

I understand not talking pyros.. but why not rigging? - curious only

I don't know how many carrots that's why I keep asking.
The rigging thing like pyro is an issue of liability and the fact that those on the booth who know rigging don't want some over enthusiatic person to misunderstand what they say and kill them selves.:confused:

welcome to the booth

from another aussie

Ack ! The Aussie beat me to a new member! Welcome aboard. Ask what you want answer what you can and have fun. We're very active, if a little unstable, aroud here.

Double Ack Van!
The old Aussie and his young sidekick both beat you to the new guy!

Welcome to the booth!

Logos missed the other half of why the no rigging policy. Which is: You REALLY don't know who you are getting advice from here so why should you trust the advice you get to be safe.

We are a very safety conscious community here.

Stinking Buckies... we were so close to beating you. We made three mistakes in less than three minutes in the 3rd quarter that cost us the game. The game was MUCH closer than the final score. But, at least you aren't a Michigan fan. Bitter University of Washington fan vowing revenge someday...

Double Ack Van!
Stinking Buckies... we were so close to beating you. We made three mistakes in less than three minutes in the 3rd quarter that cost us the game. The game was MUCH closer than the final score. But, at least you aren't a Michigan fan. Bitter University of Washington fan vowing revenge someday...

So long as we're talking about sport does anyone care that Australia are currently beating the pants of Sri Lanka at Cricket.

So long as we're talking about sport does anyone care that Australia are currently beating the pants of Sri Lanka at Cricket.

How do you put pants on a cricket and why would people from Sri Lanka want to remove those pants?

what is that gaff, like your 200th australia crack?
im looking for dancing people and confetti but i see now, oh wait timezone diffirance i wil get it tomrrow some time

*i hope that makes sense, it's hot here 100degrees, in your scale*

Well. Test cricket is of course the only team game in the world that takes five days to complete.
First of all the two Captains toss a coin and the one who wins decides whether he wants to go in or to stay out. The side that goes in sends two men out and they stay in until they are out this carries on until ten of the eleven men are out because one man can't stay in on his own.
The side that wasn't in goes in to the field while they try to get the side that was in out.
Once the first team is out the other team goes in. Now getting the first team out might take up to two days.
Anyway this carries on until both teams have been in twice and all the men have been out. Then the side that makes the most runs wins, everybody has a beer and goes home.

Van: still can't send you a wombat but try this site. www.wombadilliac.com.au

This is the site of a woman who rescues Wombats and then reintroduces them to the wild.

But hey- the BCS rankings are a mess this year... so who knows what may turn out - I care very little for football, but care even less for the team up north!

Cricket is certainly interesting....

But hey- the BCS rankings are a mess this year... so who knows what may turn out - I care very little for football, but care even less for the team up north!

"The team up north" is that sort of like saying the name of "The Scottish Play"?

We played them in the 93 Rose Bowl and lost. My Dad had a cousin who got us great tickets. 50 yard line under the press box... an amazing view of the field. Problem was it was on the M!%*@#$n sideline. We had to listen to that song the whole game as the band was directly in front of us. When the game was over we had to wade down through 40 rows of Blue in full celebration mode to get out of the stadium. It was the moment that completely converted my wife to being a football fan. Not out of loyalty to our team but out of passionate hatred for "the team up north". We were on a hike in Hawaii a couple years ago as we were going through a dark swampy bamboo forest a couple came the other way. The woman was wearing one of those sickening blue and yellow shirts. We were passing each other on a narrow bridge with no rails. Afterward my wife said it was all she could do to refrain from pushing the woman into the swamp. It encouraged her next time to not hesitate as it would have been awesome to see the woman sitting in the mud asking why. And just say, "because of your shirt" and walk away.

Van: still can't send you a wombat but try this site. www.wombadilliac.com.au.

Rats! thier Store is down for maintainance! Oh well I guees I'm gonna have to wait to oreder that t-shirt. Thanks for the link!

I'm with Gaff, I still don't see why somebody would want to watch a bunch of insects in pants dance around a field. I do have to respect the training the poor little buggers must go through.

Actually one time on a trip to Vancouver, Canada I sat in a park for close to an hour trying to figure out Cricket. You can see some distant similarity to baseball... I believe both games are historically related to "Rounders" somehow. In the end I left just as confused as when I arrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back