Antari Ice-101 Best Setting?

mrcancun5

Hopefully someone has some advice on the Antari Ice-101. I have rented two that I am using for a dance piece and have purchased dry ice pellets to use. What is the best setting (intensity, etc.) to use that will help me fill the stage for the longest period of time? At the highest intensity, the Low Fogger only seems to run for like 10 seconds, so is it better to go with a lower intensity so that the low fog is constant and if so what do you recommend? As always, thank you all for your time and help.

How long are you wanting to run it for? Can you clarify what you mean when you say it "runs" for 10 seconds? Whether there is any ice or not it should run forever as long as you have enough antari fluid. If you mean the low-lying effect only runs for 10 seconds, then I think you are struggling with the fact that you are using dry ice pellets. A block of dry ice would be better since it would "melt" slower, but the pellets have so much surface area that they will disappear pretty quickly and then you will have basic fog after that. I have a couple of these machines and regular ice works best for long periods of time. Also, one of the downfalls of this unit is that it only uses one channel of control instead of separating intensity and fan. So it is a balancing act of how much fog you want and how far you want it to go. Hope this helps.

P.S. If I am totally of the mark and you it literally stops pumping after 10 seconds, it could be a water buildup issue, clogged nozzle, or wrong fluid.

I eventually figured it out. I used dry ice pellets and loaded it about 5 minutes before we needed it to work, plus I only filled it halfway. I then ran the intensity at about 55% which allowed the fog to run for a longer period of time. I think my problem was a combination of the intensity being set at 100% and the fact that we were loading it up way ahead of time (causing it to cool faster). Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it as I am just learning the technical aspect of theatre.

the problem is that the heating element cannot keep up with the amount of fog juice being pumped into it at full volume. Once the heater cools it auto shuts the juice pump off, going back to preheat mode till it is reheated to operating temp. As the OP figured out, just reduce the setting so less juice is pumped and the heater can then keep up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back