Any ideas what this means?

Dustincoc

proxy.php

proxy.php

This is in the house light cabinet. All the lights still function fine.

Something's not working correctly for one reason or another. Give ETC tech support a ring in the morning and they'll be able to help you out.

Someone from ETC may respond to this thread too, but a phone call can be much more efficient a way of troubleshooting than an internet forum, especially if you can call while you are standing in front of the dimmer rack.

I get this every once in a while on my CEM + racks, it's random display hieroglyphics.

If there's nothing on-stage that can stand a momentary blackout on that rack, just hit the reset button and it'll clear.

I get this every once in a while on my CEM + racks, it's random display hieroglyphics.

If there's nothing on-stage that can stand a momentary blackout on that rack, just hit the reset button and it'll clear.
Good to know, I was hoping for a quick fix. I only work in this space about once a year and I know very little about Unison systems which this rack is linked to. The former school principal/director knows the most about the system but that's not a whole lot and he hasn't been around much since retiring.

This rack contains the house light dimmers and those connected to the floor pockets. The "ropelights" written on the bottom dimmer is what was plugged into the non-dimmble circuit( Edison plugs on the railways for DMX toys, which I noticed today are also power the aisle lights).

Next question, How do I reset it? I've always dealt with the board and fixtures and as far back as a hard patch panel. I've never needed to change much in a rack before.

I find that a targeted high intensity manual impact adjustment does the trick.

Seriously, call either ETC or the installer and get it repaired. It's probably nothing serious.

Breakerdown or pull the cem go for a walk get a coffe smoke a cig and slide It back in.

This is a result of using Rope Light ;-)
Now that's funny!

Actually, I'm not 100% sure, but I think we have a software update that takes care of that issue. The module runs just fine and there will be no issues with dimming - you just can't see anything on the screen.

Give us a call when you have a couple minutes, please.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back