Any LED Floods recommedations?

The Osram Kreios is a pretty awesome looking light and I'm sure is on the top end of the LED flood/work spectrum but the 250-300 dollar price tag on them is pretty steep. Has anyone been playing with some of the cheaper models that they would recommend? I know you get what you pay for and all that but my budgets just aren't there for multiple Kreios lights.

These would be used for work and rehearsal lighting exclusively.

Architectural flood lights have been a standard work light fixture for a long time. All the big names Hubbell, Acuity Lighting, Cooper and many more make them. They are used for exterior buildings, parking area, signs and statues. Only now that they are LED are any dimmable at all, but that's OK. Most are lousy color (5000K-7000K) and low CRI. You can go to HomeDepot and get flood lights too, but you generally get what you pay for.

Take a look at RAB for solid but not too expensive. With these you will typically get far more light for the dollar so don't let the price tag get you.

Really no difference except twice as many fixtures with Krieos:
FLx is 5000 lumens, 3500K, 92 CRI, $350 vs. WL130 is 10,000 lumens, 3000K, 90 CRI, $675.

So half the shadows. Would seem dependent on mounting options and throw. I have found 2-4 of the FLxs on each of 3 or 4 electrics to be pretty uniform coverage, and likely more uniform than half as many more powerful units. But than a lot of electrics I do trim at 20' or so.

(The Kreios does mains dim as well if that's a need.)

But, if you're shopping, just saw two Altman WL130s on ebay for $299 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back