Any lights that are like this one?

ademhayyu1

Hello!

I am looking for a nice small cheap and maybe LED (LED isn't really necessary) fixture like this one

https://www.altmanlighting.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/100.pdf

Its main purpose would be for some sidelights (around the shins area, for clarity) but if I can afford some more I'd like to use them as some uplight as well. I'm looking for a small fixture around that size because of the space we have in our wings. It gets pretty crowded so I was thinking of somehow safely screwing it into the side of the set. We have some extra circuits out in the wings on stage as well and I'd like to use them somehow.

Does anyone know any fixture that might be close to what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance.

Cost-Effective Solution:
--- Cheap eBay Par 16's with dimmable LED lamps, or standard 50w halogen for the sake of good dimming
--- Par 38's are great for this as well

More Expensive Solution(s):
--- Chauvet Ovation FTD-55-WW 3" LED Fresnel ($349ea from a quick glance online)
--- ETC Source Four Mini LED ($450ish and more narrow beamspread than you may need)
*50w halogen version is in the neighborhood of $300.

Something that size? Try the Chauvet ColorDash Accent.

I'm not certain I'd recommend that (or any of the other products recommended), because none of them will be bright enough. Especially since side lighting generally needs to be brighter than front lighting to be seen by the audience.

If you want a nice, small-ish light for a side lighting fixture, I've got a bunch of Altman 3.5's I could sell you....

Glad to know there are many options. Thank you all for your suggestions!

Add to the "maybe too expensive" category the Rosco Cube line. My vendor surprised me with one during a demo we did with ColorForce IIs and the like. I didn't buy any but was very impressed at what that little package can do. Looks like a toy, but very punchy and the color is pretty good. Great for tight spaces, full line of beam control accessories available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back