The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Any reviews on the Moon575 Followspot?

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by JD, May 26, 2007.

1. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Being one that grew up with Strong, and later had a collection of Satellites, I am a little cautious about this one. Looks good on paper with an output similar to the old Satellites, but has only a 3 color boom, with fixed diachronic? My needs for my "Mid Life Crises Tour" are far more modest then the old days. Still can't believe I sold the Satellites when I retired for around $750, but how many years can one kick oneself? ;) So, anyone use one of these? For that matter, are there any other good spots in the $2000 range out there? Seems there is a hole between the $1k range and the $4k range.

2. DarSax

DarSax Active Member

3. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

The HMI version of that light is probably one of the best spots lycian has made. They are small light that can fit into nearly any position. I built hanging yokes for two of them and hung them in a FOH position for a recent show I did. They are a great short throw unit.

4. soundlight

soundlight Well-Known Member

You've got a third for the 1206 model. Lycian makes great units, and this is one if their best.

5. Thomas

Thomas Member

Back to the Moon575- I have several of them in stock, and they work really well in fact. Unless you want gobos and other arbitrary things, stick a nice straw in the front and it comes out beautifully even on camera!