Anybody have any weatherized AF1000s?

muvment

Any AF1000s out there than anybody wants to let go of? For purchase, or if you have enough of them, I would consider trading for technobeams.

Must be weatherized.

This post isn't supposed to be in this forum, is it. I wonder where they'll put me.

Any AF1000s out there than anybody wants to let go of? For purchase, or if you have enough of them, I would consider trading for technobeams.
Must be weatherized.
This post isn't supposed to be in this forum, is it. I wonder where they'll put me.
I have 5 AF1000s, but there is no way you can get me to part with them.

Hey muvment did you ever figure out an enclosure for your lights for Burning Man? The Light Source makes some enclosures that might be useful.

Wasn’t aware the AF-1000 was available weatherized. Lots of used gear retail sources available if not Light Parts.com possibly having some.

Yep, against policy of the forum in a specific sense but for the most part it as all things are, somewhat flexible at times similar to this. In this case it was short sweat and specific and while you didn’t state responses on gear availability in a business sense should be taken off line, it’s implied I would think.

This is rare to find gear - especially if there is a out door version thus not commonly available thus in a way kind of appropriate to cast a net on finding here amongst other places for appropriate posting as long as it doesn’t get too frequent in general I am sure most would agree on. Big grey area as to posting such things and tact necessary at times.

Alternate places to post otherwise would be Stagecraft unless their rules changed did last I knew allow up to one type post per member per year, pro sound / lighting forum has a retail section and Lighting Network is up for grabs in similar type sales add / purchase want add type things.

Good responses so far in helping you, do a search on this website into “used” and you will find a list of links for a number of other sources for used gear.

Good luck on finding them.

Know where I work once had dozens of them in the normal version. Sold all of them off than a few weeks later had a show requiring them and had to rent. :) Never get rid of nutting. This given I got the chance to use the two last fixtures which were in for repair during the big sale and also loved them. A few weeks ago after years of being in my private out of inventory system of non-existing gear storage, the last two normal fixtures finally got sold off. All gone other than a few extra parts and some pre dataflash strobe unit - without mars light cover yet designed into the fixture hanging about still I think. Hate programming the things - the manual for the controller and manual for the fixture don’t jive as I remember it for dip switch settings. (Granted for me DMX bionary language is also alien technology.) Were these fixtures with the Clear or colored MARS light twist on cover considered outdoor as per the above quesiton? I could see them as weather resistant but not persay outdoor.

Of note also on the subject, I recently did more research into the lamps - lamps that are still top secret for the most part as to spec. Had to do a bit of leg work but finally got lots of info on them if anyone is interested in further fleshing out the AF-1000HO verses AF-1000SO lamps and notes about them.

1st off, i have some AF1000s, but a local club is buying them so I can get weatherized ones. And that flows into the next questions: Burning Man...

I'm planning on using 8 trackspots (I considered 16, but might as well make it easy this year) and 8 Weatherized AF1000s. As far as enclosures, screw it. I'm going to tape filters over the intake and exhaust and completely seal the rest of the units. I'll probably construct a plastic enclusore for the Pan and Tilt mirrors and maybe throw some sort of clear bra over the mirrors. Whats the worst that could happen? They're only trackspots. I'm prepared for a total loss, just in case, and if so, it will be a wash, but no major financial loss. I'm also going to take 2 Intellabeam controllers, 2 af1000s controllers, and a backup DMX controller if all the rest fail.

Lightbroker has 8 AF1000s and a minicontroller for $1600, but even thats a little steep. I found 8 old dataflashes for $600-$700, but I don't trust that they will last the week.

Finally, I'd like to know the difference between H01 and L01 lamps. All I know is a different duty cycle and length of life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back