anybody use Enttec DMX PRO dongle with any Color Kinetics yet?

awesome, ok, there just seemed to be alot of confusion to me at least. Likewise, I shouldn't have any issues addressing the CK fixures assumming? I guess the smart jack pro really is nothing more than rebranded Enttec dmx pro then as the one gentleman stated here.

I have used my MagicQ + Enttec DMX USB Pro setup with CK fixtures a bunch of times, it works fine with ColorBlast 12 + powersupply and ColorBlaze. They both speak DMX so there is no reason they wouldn't be able to talk.

There seem to be two questions here. One for control - and one for addressing.

For control - works fine. Works fine. You will have to make up a special cable to get from XLR to RJ11. I don't have the wiring diagram in front of me but it is on the CK site. If you can't find it holler. We controlled a mix of Selador and CK units using the Enttec USB Pro and MLight .

For addressing, you need to download some software from the CK site to your Enttec box. ( does not affect other use of the box) and use the CK software for addressing. I believe the software is available for download on the CK site. ( The one time I did this I was watching - not doing ).

Last edited:
someone recently told me CK just reversed the pins, (negative pin) I believe, but can always check their site for wiring. I think I have to use the Enttec dmx to usb jack to use the CK software(on pc) to address each, aka, don't think you can connect directly thru the DataEnabler.. unless the zapi box or tool might do so.

Hi
I was trying to do the same thing (addressing Color-kinetics iColors without buying another dongle) and came across this post.

I was able to install the FTDI Drivers for the ENTTEC DMX USB PRO (CDM20802.exe from ENTTEC or D2XX Direct Drivers).

Loaded QuickPlay Pro from Phillips (Philips Color Kinetics QuickPlay Pro Addressing and Configuration Tools) and it detected the USB Pro and updated the v1.44 Firmware to turn it into a a Phillips 'SmarkJack Pro' device.

I haven't had a chance to plug it into the Data Enabler yet to test the RDM/Addressing yet, but it looks likes going to work!

Also haven't checked that I can still use it with the lx software we were using (Light Factory), worst case, should be able to put the ENTTEC USB Pro Firmware back on it it....

I'll update this post after I've tested it further. HTH anyone else looking to do the same.
dargs

There seem to be two questions here. One for control - and one for addressing.

For control - works fine. Works fine. You will have to make up a special cable to get from XLR to RJ11. I don't have the wiring diagram in front of me but it is on the CK site. If you can't find it holler. We controlled a mix of Selador and CK units using the Enttec USB Pro and MLight .

For addressing, you need to download some software from the CK site to your Enttec box. ( does not affect other use of the box) and use the CK software for addressing. I believe the software is available for download on the CK site. ( The one time I did this I was watching - not doing ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back