The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Anyone Familiar with ProTools?

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, and Intercom' started by Eboy87, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Eboy87

Eboy87 Well-Known Member

So there's a bundle deal on Ebay right now for an M-Audio Firewire 410 bundled with ProTools M-Powered 6.8 for $195. I'm looking into getting the interface already, and down the road planned to add PT so I can do a little bit better than GarageBand for recording my own sound effects.

My question is this: Is there any reason I should wait and buy these two seperately? In other words, is PT 7.4 worth the upgrade?

2. DavidDaMonkey

DavidDaMonkey Active Member

I would say it depends on what you are wanting to do with it. If you want to do alot of video or midi work, then I would go with a later version. If not, I see no reason not to use 6.8

I just recently upgraded from an older version, but only because I needed to run it on my Leopard Mac. I use my mbox to run sound cues through and to also record the shows that I work.

3. Thefoxygranpa

Thefoxygranpa Active Member

I haven't seen the need for the upgrade to 7.4. I own a Digi002 rack module and its working great, but have heard equally great things about the M-Audio hardware as well!