Anyone familiar with the NSI 75xx boards or Chauvet Colorsrtip

SHARYNF

I had someone trying to to work with the newer Chauvet colorstrip lights the other day using a NSI 7532 board. The color strips have a rgb mode with individual color control IF a reasonably tight spec DMX value is given on Channel 1.
TWO QUESTIONS:

I looked thru the manual on the NSI quickly and could not find an easy way to have the slider DMX value displayed on the lcd panel.

Other question, has anyone had problems getting the Colorstrips under dmx into rgb mode? all the other modes seem to work, but you are supposed to be able to set channel 1 and then use channel 2 3 4 to control the levels of reg green blue. No value in channel 1 seemed to put it into this mode.

Sharyn

#1. Appears as though the console will show channel values assigned to a submaster in <edit> mode on the LCD. OR, a good reason every venue (or tech) needs a DMXter.

#2. So channel#1 needs to see dmx 210-219 (84-85%). That's handy. Does the console allow a channel to be set as independent, or parked, or must it be recorded in every cue and sub? Or make a sub, with the Control Channels at 84%, that cannot be overridden. Certainly points out the limitations of this console, doesn't it?

Good luck. Hope you have a DMXter-type device. For output only testing, I highly recommend the Enttec Open DMX USB + Chamsys MagicQ software + any old WinXP laptop; total investment $60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back