Anyone have a... two sided 1ru switchable power strip?

MRW Lights

Anyone know of a rack mountable power strip with front and rear outlets approx. 2 front and 6 rear with independent switches? I.e. one for the front and one for the back?

I've done the goolefu, searched the CB and sent out the beacon to the usual suspects, but now I bring it to you...

Installation request is for a podium that needs some sources of constant power in the podium for various AV gack and switchable power for user interface in the front, but there is only room for a 1ru strip....

Anyone know of a rack mountable power strip with front and rear outlets approx. 2 front and 6 rear with independent switches? I.e. one for the front and one for the back?

I've done the goolefu, searched the CB and sent out the beacon to the usual suspects, but now I bring it to you...

Installation request is for a podium that needs some sources of constant power in the podium for various AV gack and switchable power for user interface in the front, but there is only room for a 1ru strip....
If you have sufficient depth, have you considered mounting two 1RU strips behind one another; front and rear rails or brackets from the sides to support the rear strip?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

If you have sufficient depth, have you considered mounting two 1RU strips behind one another; front and rear rails or brackets from the sides to support the rear strip?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

it might come to something like that. The construction of the podium doesn't give me access from the "Rear" in this case "front" so it's a plug it in, mount it and hope you don't have to do it again kind of install....

We didn't buy it we just have to make it work :) have I mentioned the joys of working in high education campuses before? :wall:

it might come to something like that. The construction of the podium doesn't give me access from the "Rear" in this case "front" so it's a plug it in, mount it and hope you don't have to do it again kind of install....

We didn't buy it we just have to make it work :) have I mentioned the joys of working in high education campuses before? :wall:
For four or five years, the AV contractor I worked for bid on community college and university spring / summer upgrades.
Usually they'd have a custom podium builder who'd supply all their matching podiums built to their specifications. Often he'd win the bid to upgrade 15 to 30 classrooms spread across a campus then the client would provide a list of days and times each room would be available and we'd dance to their drummers.
One summer he won a bid to upgrade ~30 rooms spread across three campuses of the same community college. One campus was in northern Toronto and another was approximately 50 miles of BUSY highway further north.
To that degree, I have a handle on what you're dealing with.
Stay healthy and Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

They have some others as well that may work...

I think I've exhausted the tripp-lite options, but it was a good start... I need the front to be switched and the rear to be unswitched.

Front outlets are switched, rear are not.

Front outlets are switched, rear are not.

I SWEAR TWO of us searched the entire mid atlantic catalog and every single one of our mid atlantic racks for exactly this.... I .... stupid internet. Also our mid atlantic rep hasn't managed to send us this yet... if we get a discount for your work we'll send you the commission 😂 :liar:

Doesn't surprise me. The nuances of all the different MAP power distros and accessories requires a cereal box decoder ring and a compass. Their entire catalog by virtue of how flexible and modular everything is can be extremely difficult to navigate and their website and cut sheets only makes it harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back