Anyone Have Experience with a showLED ConBox set-up?

jcslighting

I am running a show tomorrow in a new event space that has a 16'x16' showLED curtain. The controller is currently set for stand alone mode and is just white when plugged in. The owners want to control it and use the colors with the house lighting console - an ETC Element. Tonight we ran a brand new 5 pin dmx cable, plugged into the controller, used a 3 pin adapter and plugged into the optosplitter and nothing. I addressed the console to address 300 on universe 1 and used the profile/personality in the console so I don't think the issue is there but at the controller. The "manual" from the conBox is a multi-fold mess. The controller only has an Up and a Down arrow key - nothing else. The manual has no real text only pictures. Maybe I'm over-complicating this? I am unsure if the DMX feed is actually working - I will try tomorrow to plug in a moving light and make sure I have DMX but I have no idea why it isn't working.

Any ideas?

As always, thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

Did you ever get this figured out? Was it a Chameleon or a Classic? We've just received new drapes with ShowLED Chameleons in them. I agree with you about the manual is a bit of a mess and not clear in certain areas. I was hoping I could get clarification on something as well...

Does anyone know off hand if I can run two units as master(w/dmx)/slave and still use the output of the slave as dmx through?

Did you ever get this figured out? Was it a Chameleon or a Classic? We've just received new drapes with ShowLED Chameleons in them. I agree with you about the manual is a bit of a mess and not clear in certain areas. I was hoping I could get clarification on something as well...

Does anyone know off hand if I can run two units as master(w/dmx)/slave and still use the output of the slave as dmx through?
I ended up resetting the controller to factory settings and using a personallity for the full chameleon in the ETC Element. The real issue was that the curtain itself was NOT multi-colored but only white but the controller looked like it was the chameleon colored version. The different channels did zones on the drop and not colors.

If I had to guess I would say that rather than master/slave you could either address both curtains the same or use a custom personallity in whatever console you are using to control both curtains at the same time.

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back