Anyone have the weight of a 1KL6-20?

So 11lbs heavier than a S4-19º. Interesting.

Edit:

So I was also thinking about hanging this instrument solo, and I'm not sure if it's just me, or the way our AP slots were designed, but it's a real !@#$ to do. In order to hang an instrument, you have to rotate it so the C-clamp faces you, then stick all of the length of the instrument between two pipes, and out about a foot. Given the length of a 1KL6-20 at about 25 3/8", add in maybe 6 or so inches of height from the top of the instrument to the end of the c-clamp, and then the 12 inches to the catwalks, that's a lot of torque, considering you can't lean out between the pipes either. Given the distance this means you're supporting all the weight from the yoke, way off the center of gravity. Also, even with the shutters in, there's very minimal clearance, so you have to keep the instrument parallel to the ground, it's like playing "Operation"... it's doable, but, wow. And, keep in mind that although you can't lean out, the lighting position is maybe a foot up from the surface of the catwalk (while also being a foot out in the air), this means you have to lean down slightly...

Last edited:
So 11lbs heavier than a S4-19º. Interesting.
Edit:
So I was also thinking about hanging this instrument solo, and I'm not sure if it's just me, or the way our AP slots were designed, but it's a real !@#$ to do. In order to hang an instrument, you have to rotate it so the C-clamp faces you, then stick all of the length of the instrument between two pipes, and out about a foot. Given the length of a 1KL6-20 at about 25 3/8", add in maybe 6 or so inches of height from the top of the instrument to the end of the c-clamp, and then the 12 inches to the catwalks, that's a lot of torque, considering you can't lean out between the pipes either. Given the distance this means you're supporting all the weight from the yoke, way off the center of gravity. Also, even with the shutters in, there's very minimal clearance, so you have to keep the instrument parallel to the ground, it's like playing "Operation"... it's doable, but, wow. And, keep in mind that although you can't lean out, the lighting position is maybe a foot up from the surface of the catwalk (while also being a foot out in the air), this means you have to lean down slightly...

This is why you don't work on things like this alone. It sounds like one of those lighting positions where the easiest way to hang the light might be to have someone hook it on a rope, then you haul it up and clamp it on. Then you don't have to navigate it through the pipes, and you don't have to truck it along the catwalks and up ladders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back