Anyone heard of these?

Hello all. I ran across these lights from a company in NJ the other day I cant find any independent info on them. They are a relatively new company (2010) so i can sort understand the lack of press. But has anyone heard of these moving heads? good deal, bad, stay away? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

LED sixty scan

Hello all. I ran across these lights from a company in NJ the other day I cant find any independent info on them. They are a relatively new company (2010) so i can sort understand the lack of press. But has anyone heard of these moving heads? good deal, bad, stay away? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

LED sixty scan

Exercise caution on this one. Never heard of them (maybe someone else has) but by the look, they appear to be low-end Chinese units. Having a stepper motor, its connector, and wiring harness exposed like that gives me real pause as to how the rest of the unit is constructed.

China is great at flooding the market with low end equipment. Most of it is very iffy. Not all of it is bad, but usually the better stuff is marketed through companies that have a US presence and back their equipment up with support. (Like Elation and Chauvet.) Not saying this unit is a turkey, but make sure you know who you are going to turn to if there are problems. The company behind the equipment is as (or more) important then the equipment itself.

From the (1) review on the site:

I have installed 10 of these at my client's StripClub. They are running over one of the stages to help illuminate the girls. We run these lights for 16 hours / day, and they have been going for over 2 months now. We have not had a single problem with any of them. By this time we would have gone through 20 Bulbs in our Halogen Fixtures. I had my doubts that an LED scanner would be able to replace our Halogens, as I had read all the negative reviews about the LED fixtures from American DJ and Chauvet. These are just as bright as our High End Systems trackspots. However they stay very cool to the touch, and consume a fraction of the electricity. I am about to order another 6 for our other dance floor. I will never buy another Halogen fixture again!

Gotta love it when your best client testimonial is from a strip club.....

Most of the low-end chinese stuff is impossible to get any sort of parts or service for, and the manual will most likely be written in bad Engrish with minimal information supplied. Whether they're good or bad, you have to view them as being more or less disposable - if it breaks, just throw it away and get a new light, or hope that the next failure is of a different type, and that you can frankenstein one good light out of two bad ones. "Just received a limited quantity" is a danger phrase - you might not be able to get more of this exact model in the future, let alone parts.

Most of the failures I've seen in DJ-grade movers have been heat related, this will be less of an issue with LED units. Still, you get what you pay for.

yeah thats pretty much along the lines of what i was thinking. Just hoping i had found the leprechaun ;) Thanks everyone for the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back