Anyone interested in 5-channel LED tape?

TuckerD

I am thinking about having some LED tape / strips custom made with RGB Cyan and Lime / Amber LEDs. I haven't decided on the exact final LED selection yet but it could be interesting to a few people looking for wall washes or some color critical application. The expanded gamut in the cyan region will be very nice. The minimum order qty I'm looking at is more than I need for my own projects, so I thought I'd see if anyone else is interested.

These will NOT be pixel strips. You will NOT be able to control a single pixel or a small cell of pixels. Just one static color per string. Will work with commercially available LED tape DMX drivers, but I will provide more specific details when other factors are finalized.

These will NOT be calibrated, but for a small fee I am willing to provide calibration data for your application.

Price will be more than normal RGB tape but not exorbitant. This is not a major money making proposition for me. As this is a custom order, custom product, etc... I can only pass along the warranty I get (which is backed by a reputable chinese MFR). It's a simple electrical circuit but you should have at least some comfortability with DIY projects.

- Tucker

Reactions: RonHebbard

Kelite

Premium Member
Tucker, out of curiosity are you planning 12V or 24V?

Also " RGB Cyan and Lime / Amber " seems more like six channel unless the you are deciding between lime OR amber. That would certainly make sense if that's the case.

Please keep us posted and if/when this happens, share some photos of your expanded gamut of color!

TuckerD

The "/" is indicating "or." I haven't quite decided on the final color scheme yet. Need to look at some LED specs and do some math to get the choice right. I'm thinking 24V, that seems to be the preference of the MFR I'm currently planning on working with.

I'll be sure to share a project update if this happens!

TuckerD

It wouldn't be the first time I've specified some new LEDs ;)

I do have a few companies in mind that I've started this conversation with but it's going slowly as I have gotten bogged down in other work and for the particular project that was interested in this we decided to go in a different direction. I am personally still interested but it will take some time.

Users who are viewing this thread