anyone know what soundboard this is?

zac850

The label of this soundboard said "Spirit by Soundcraft" and under that it said 8 16.

I spent the last half hour on the soundcraft website looking through there products, trying to find a picture of the board and what type of board it is.

I want to download the manual for it. Does anyone know what I'm refering to?

Thanks guys.

Also, is Soundcraft a good company? How good is there equipment, does it last, and how is there quality in general?

8 16...can you post a picture of the board?

As far as Soundcraft's reputation, Soundcraft is one of the most reputable companieis in mid-range and mid-cost consoles, along the lines of Allen and Heath. They're no Cadac, but they're no Mackie/Peavey either. Soundcraft boards are made extremely well and last for years. I personally mix on a Spirit Live 2-4, and love it.

last year at my old school i used a soundcraft spirit Lx7 and loved it, the board was brand new so i cant say that i know much about how long it will last, but it was a great board and i had no problems with it.

Oh, I forgot to post, its got 16 channels, and i think 8 groups (what ever there called, I think of them as submasters for sound boards).

The soundboard feels like its made well, and I like it already because it has a row of lights that show you the level coming in, an individual one for every channel, which is nice and I find makes it easier to see if anything is in on that channel or the other.

I set it up in a weird way, the main output from this board is going in as 2 mic inputs to a small 8 channel board with a built in amp. Its going into this board on 2 mic inputs (paned left and right). From there the signal is going to the built in amp, then down the cable (which isn't QUITE long enough and I need about another 15 feet, of which I will add to tomorrow (I love radio shack).

Anyway, it all works so far, and its a nice step up from the 8 channel Mackie that we were once using, last year.

zac850 said:
Oh, I forgot to post, its got 16 channels, and i think 8 groups (what ever there called, I think of them as submasters for sound boards).

The soundboard feels like its made well, and I like it already because it has a row of lights that show you the level coming in, an individual one for every channel, which is nice and I find makes it easier to see if anything is in on that channel or the other.

I set it up in a weird way, the main output from this board is going in as 2 mic inputs to a small 8 channel board with a built in amp. Its going into this board on 2 mic inputs (paned left and right). From there the signal is going to the built in amp, then down the cable (which isn't QUITE long enough and I need about another 15 feet, of which I will add to tomorrow (I love radio shack).

Anyway, it all works so far, and its a nice step up from the 8 channel Mackie that we were once using, last year.

Lucky little...anyway, it's definitely a Spirit 8. Take a look on http://www.soundcraft.com/ under products. By the way, why on earth are you taking the outputs of the Spirit 8 and putting them into a Mackie? :) All it seems that you're doing is adding extra noise to the signal.

I'm doing this because my school does not yet have an amp. The mackie board has a built in amp, so I'm running the sound through the mackie board to get to the built in amp. Sometime during the year my school will be getting an amp, but until then, this works.

Also, yea, I think you may be right. I looked at the picture of the board yesterday, and it looks different. However, my school has a 16 channel board, and they pictured one of the 40 channel boards (I believe).

Thanks a lot for that.

The Spirit8 is a nice console. I may be a bit biast because I own a 32 ch one personaly. The 16 CH vertion only has input chanels on one side of the master section.

The meter bridge is nice for lots of wls laves on stage. I also like the mute groups.

TJB

i loved our soundcraft 32ch. had a few tech problems with it but it was taken care of by (on the soundcraft tech's advice) dropping it 5 inches on the right corner of the console!!! just moved that down to our new youth area and replaced it with an Alan Heath 40ch... but loved the soundcraft.. learned on one actually

Hi Zac850. I thought you had just got a behringer amplifer from your other posts? Or is this a different place then your school?

Nope, we got a behringer amp. This post was made September 7th, we got the behringer amp about 3 months after this post. We are now happily running outputs down the snake and into the amp. In a week or 2 we should be getting a road case to protect the amp (we're leaving it on the ground when its in use, and under the table in the booth when its not in use x_x).

We use the mackie once in a blue moon, like when the cheerleaders needed sound during the basketball games and I didn't want to risk the real amp getting destroyed. The one nice thing I can say about using it with the mackie, it is easy to tell when everything is working even without running a signal through. If you hear hiss from the speakers, the system is on!

avkid said:
boys and girls: let's not bash Peavey. If you can find me another working 23 year old powered mixer i'll probably wet myself!
Actually a few months ago we had a old mixer in our youth building that got stolen and im reasonably sure that it was at least in that age range

Users who are viewing this thread

Back