Anyone use Anchor portacom?

I've been waiting to hear of any response on this as well. The pricing seems reasonable for a wired 4 or 6 headset package for a community theater.

Have any of you come across these wired intercoms? I'm really curious about both current Anchor comm setups (wired/wireless).
I use Portacom (Anchor) headsets for communicating between camera operators and the director of video productions. They work well but are unfortunately prone to breaking, especially in a school setting. I have figured out a way of repairing them and replacing broken parts.

I use Portacom (Anchor) headsets for communicating between camera operators and the director of video productions. They work well but are unfortunately prone to breaking, especially in a school setting. I have figured out a way of repairing them and replacing broken parts.

I'm looking at these for our community theatre (grant money request, and tired of using the cheapo walkies from Walmart and the like). You said they're prone to breaking? In what way? What usually breaks? The price is good, and reviews I've seen are 4 and 5 stars. Certainly less expensive than Telex or Clear Com...

I'm looking at these for our community theatre (grant money request, and tired of using the cheapo walkies from Walmart and the like). You said they're prone to breaking? In what way? What usually breaks? The price is good, and reviews I've seen are 4 and 5 stars. Certainly less expensive than Telex or Clear Com...
Hey That Actor Guy

This response is probably too old to be useful but here goes. The older style Portacom headsets (H200, H200S) have headbands that break easily. The pads on the single side often need replacement. In my case, students are pretty quick to remove their headsets in a rush and often snap the headbands or lose the pads. There are no replacement parts available for them. After time the wires fray, especially if they are used outdoors shooting sports like I do.

However, they do work well and I would recommend them. Out of necessity, I have become pretty competent in repairing them. I am now at a point where I can completely refurbish them. I also have some for sale if you are interested.

Hey That Actor Guy

This response is probably too old to be useful but here goes. The older style Portacom headsets (H200, H200S) have headbands that break easily. The pads on the single side often need replacement. In my case, students are pretty quick to remove their headsets in a rush and often snap the headbands or lose the pads. There are no replacement parts available for them. After time the wires fray, especially if they are used outdoors shooting sports like I do.

However, they do work well and I would recommend them. Out of necessity, I have become pretty competent in repairing them. I am now at a point where I can completely refurbish them. I also have some for sale if you are interested.

Thank you for getting back to me. In a relative sense, I've seen threads that are ten years old and still going, so yours at just over a year isn't bad at all! lol. We're looking at the 40fc, but then while I was showing another board member the Portacom system, I ran across the Eartec UL4D Ultralite for half the price.

I'm SM for Steel Magnolias right now, and we're using the Voxer app for the time being...

Now since it's a grant (and probably an amount close to the cost of the Portacom units), we have to spend every penny of that money, and only on what we said we would use it for. I'm sure you know how that goes :) A four unit setup is just about what we would need: SM, booth, SL, SR. Thank you for the further information!

Thank you for getting back to me. In a relative sense, I've seen threads that are ten years old and still going, so yours at just over a year isn't bad at all! lol. We're looking at the 40fc, but then while I was showing another board member the Portacom system, I ran across the Eartec UL4D Ultralite for half the price.

I'm SM for Steel Magnolias right now, and we're using the Voxer app for the time being...

Now since it's a grant (and probably an amount close to the cost of the Portacom units), we have to spend every penny of that money, and only on what we said we would use it for. I'm sure you know how that goes :) A four unit setup is just about what we would need: SM, booth, SL, SR. Thank you for the further information!
Ironic! I have two different systems (used) I was planning on posting on eBay for sale. One is the equivalent of the 40FC and the other is an Eartec system (wired). If you are interested and able to purchase something used, email me. [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back