Apollo Announces the new Clip Light

Are these shipping yet? Can I have Karri adjust the PO my purchasing department just sent over adding two dozen of the Version 2 Clip Light? ;) I was on the fence before, but now I am completely sold.

Best,
John Penisten

Are these shipping yet? Can I have Karri adjust the PO my purchasing department just sent over adding two dozen of the Version 2 Clip Light? ;) I was on the fence before, but now I am completely sold.

Best,
John Penisten

I'll get with Karri before I leave the office, John.

All my best to you during the move! I hope your new office has a window and a few plants to admire-

Very good. Please let her know that I prefer the Plasma source, and if they could be here by Friday that would be great...

Unfortunately I will still be without exterior windows. I will be surrounded by the rental warehouse, the black box theatre, retail lobby/showroom and kitchen/break room; so it won't be all bad. On nice days, however, I should be able to open the loading dock doors and look out over one of the parking lots... That's almost as good, right?

Best,
John

Cliplight 2.0:

This just in, Apollo partners up with Doug Fleenor and Vari*Lite to bring you the fully DMX controlled cliplight coffee maker. Runs off a sing non-dimmed circuit. Has RGB LED for infinite color mixing. Zoom and framing shutters help you control spill and 540/270 Pan/tilt let you get your light backstage wherever you need it. It can even be programmed to turn off it it points towards the stage. Coffee maker has built in grinder so all you have to do is fill the 5 gallon reservoir with fresh water and fill the coffee been storage with fresh beans. Since the device is RDM compliant it can tell you when it has run out of consumables. Can be programmed to run in stand alone mode where the cliplight continuously pans across your upstage crossover, and coffee is made and ready by the time your actors arrive at half hour.

Actually Vari*Lite announced their newest product today: The ShowClip. It has the customary RGB ring of LED's, automatically adjusts from flood to wide flood, dichroic CYM gel string mixing, and hangs with 4 Mega Claws.

Cliplight 2.0:

Coffee maker has built in grinder so all you have to do is fill the 5 gallon reservoir with fresh water and fill the coffee been storage with fresh beans. Since the device is RDM compliant it can tell you when it has run out of consumables. Can be programmed to run in stand alone mode where the cliplight continuously pans across your upstage crossover, and coffee is made and ready by the time your actors arrive at half hour.

Time to get back in the R&D office and ask for a few added features I see........

Now that we have added all these amazing features to the Clip Light, I just don't think a name like Clip Light 2.0 does it enough justice. I'm thinking of something along the lines of Smart Clip DMX.

I just realized there is nothing to stop me from putting my new Apollo Clip Light on a Right Arm. Kelite, is a mounting plate for the clip light available for your scrollers yet?

I heard that there was a top secret showing of the HES CL1 at USITT. Rumor has it, it's DLP technology with full Ultra HD resolution (7680 x 4320). It's quite a coup because the Japanese aren't expecting UHD to reach the home television market for about 25 years.

Did anyone from around here get in to see it? I'd love to know how well it does lighting a prop table. I can't wait to see a shoot out of the HES CL1 vs the Apollo Clip Lamp 3.0- Plasma Edition.

Sorry I'm tired, a little silly, and need some gum.

Last edited:
Did anyone from around here get in to see it? I'd love to know how well it does lighting a prop table. I can't wait to see a shoot out of the HES CL1 vs the Apollo Clip Lamp 3.0- Plasma Edition.

Sorry I'm tired, a little silly, and need some gum.

Wow... Kelite, you should get these guys hired for your R&D dept... the clip light jumped from version one to version three in less than 12 hours...

Wow... Kelite, you should get these guys hired for your R&D dept... the clip light jumped from version one to version three in less than 12 hours...

The jump in versions is a marketing problem. The poor guy in R&D just keeled over when she realized she won't see the sun for the next 6 months working on this **** clip light.

proxy.php

Last edited:

They already have watches like that... it's called a cell phone! (Or am I the only one who doesn't wear a watch because I have a cell phone?)

Kelite, I hope your R&D guys are laughing their heads off right now...

Could we combine the cliplight v3.0 with a wireless comms system? Still at $18.75?

Could we combine the cliplight v3.0 with a wireless comms system? Still at $18.75?

Rumor has it the HES CL2 will have an on board holographic video comm system... but it's going to cost more than $18.75 (it's set to debut at LDI in 2035).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back