Apollo color scroller 5.25

peacefulone61

I do not have really any experience with color scrollers so I am sure my issue is more than likely user error. I have 4 of these units 3 are working fine the forth one is having issues.

It is continuously homing and cyceling through the gels. Currently it is attached through an Apollo right arm and which is he last light in the dmx chain and it is terminated

I have tried re addressing the unit and still does the same thing any help of guidnece is appricated

Forgot about the accessory Port.

Ok well move the scroller to a different spot and see what happens. The RA ports could be bad and not putting out enough voltage. The cable could be bad.

Of you are connecting all 4 scrollers through 1 RA that’s not enough juice. As your wording it’s totally clear.

But in theory 1 RA to 1 scroller should be fine. As it’s puts out enough to power one scroller. Loop back the prolblem scroller and see if that fixes it.

You could run the dip switches to make sure they are seated right and not in constant test mode. Same as the push buttons that you can use to push a self test.

You shouldn't need to move the scroller. Not much chance that the Right Arm is the issue. Since the scroller is getting power, it isn't a power issue with the cable, so at this point, trying a different cable will do nothing. Does it still reset with the DMX going to the Right Arm disconnected? If so, it is likely a sensor issue. Either it is out of alignment or it is bad. If it doesn't reset, it is likely that a reset channel is programmed into the scroller and that channel is at 100%. Unfortunately, no way to tell from the scroller itself. Setting the scroller to 600 and pressing the "TEST" button will set the scroller back to factory settings and clear any set reset channel.

Last edited:
You shouldn't need to move the scroller. Not much chance that the Right Arm is the issue. Since the scroller is getting power, it isn't a power issue with the cable, so at this point, trying a different cable will do nothing. Does it still reset with the DMX going to the Right Arm disconnected? If so, it is likely a sensor issue. Either it is out of alignment or it is bad. If it doesn't reset, it is likely that a reset channel is programmed into the scroller and that channel is at 100%. Unfortunately, no way to tell from the scroller itself. Setting the scroller to 600 and pressing the "TEST" button will set the scroller back to factory settings and clear any set reset channel.
Yes it still resets with the right arm disconnect from the DMX. Thank you for the sugestion about the reset I will try that.

We recently had an issue similar to this at my school. We found that the test button has gotten permanently depressed and was constantly running through color whenever it was powered on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back