Apollo expands green initiative

Kelite

Senior Account Executive
Premium Member
Apollo expands green initiative

USA - As a continuation of its green initiative, Apollo Design Technology Inc announced at the recent LDI exhibition in Las Vegas its complete process switch to laser technology for all gobo production. Starting with steel gobos in 2007, laser technology is now being used to produce Apollo glass gobos. The change from chemical etching to laser technology eliminates thousands of gallons of hazardous waste annually, the company says.

"Working with laser technology for the past three years has been amazing," states company founder and president Joel Nichols. "The image consistency lasers provide will catch the user's attention. The additional benefits to the environment and workplace safety that this technology provides make this change a win-win for everyone. With a transition to more eco-friendly packaging also in the works, we are extremely pleased to be delivering all of our gobos in a cleaner, safer way."

-As released by Lighting & Sound International-

(Lee Baldock)

(11 November 2008)

Sounds great Keith, I know you guys are probably using a higher quality version of this, but is this remotely similar to what you guys are now using?

VersaLASER Series - Home Page

The Versa is a great little laser for cutting and marking smaller items, but as different as a kayak is from a US Navy Destroyer. The lasers we own are a fair bit larger in size and operate at tremendously quick ablation speeds, using cutting edge optics. These babies are the cat's meow when it comes to high definition resolution and speed. The shop area has been reconfigured over the last several years as we have phased out the numerous air cleaning hoods, fine particulate filters, purified air blowers, etc, etc, necessary for chemical etching. (*yuck)

It's nice to visit the production area and see the lab coat cleanliness of it all. :clap:

PICTURES! I demand pictures!

This kinda stuff really gets me excited! I would love to see some pictures and maybe video's of your production area. I could also see it making for a great promotion tool if you show everyone how clean the operation is!

Is there anyways you could go and take pictures? Or is it too "top secret" of an area ;)

PICTURES! I demand pictures!

This kinda stuff really gets me excited! I would love to see some pictures and maybe video's of your production area. I could also see it making for a great promotion tool if you show everyone how clean the operation is!

Is there anyways you could go and take pictures? Or is it too "top secret" of an area ;)

Well, alright......

Here is a VIDEO of the laser initiative....

Apollo Design | Gobo Green

Kudos to you guys for taking the iniative. More companies should do the same, and by choice, not by regulation.

~Dave

Are we going to need a CB Eating Awareness group?

Gee I hope not!

Remember, I said THE CAMERA added 5-10 lean, muscular pounds. Not that I added...

Oh nevermind.

Are we going to need a CB Eating Awareness group?

Ya mean like a fat person support group?

What color is the magnetic car ribbon of your CB Eating Awareness group?

And shouldn't it be "over-eating awareness", I mean, I am aware of my need to eat, so then I must be good, right?

Awesome stuff! I love those huge laser cutters, they are amazing!

I vote for the color "Blue Pony." Can Apollo's lazer cut out magnetic ribbons? I see no reason why it couldn't.

Apollo Design--Technology for Fat People.
I'm sure Joel will be thrilled.:twisted: So much for the green and lean movement.:mrgreen:

All I can say is :clap:

How about the custom made one that says I Heart Food!!!

(Found here!)

Last edited:
Awesome stuff! I love those huge laser cutters, they are amazing!

And when you consider the electrical costs saved by the elimination of etching machine pumps, etching machine heaters, laminating machine gear-driven conveyors and delaminating heaters, it really adds up! The AC units and air filters/monitors are not used nearly as much now, since there is little heat and NO chemical gases released.

(I appreciate the fact that dissolved stainless steel used to be shipped back to the chemical provider for reclaiming or disposing but is now boxed up and taken to our local steel recycler. These funds go toward the Apollo summer picnic- which is WAY better than having the stuff buried!)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes, they do need to eat after all.

Because, if they don't eat, they all die, and then you are back to pie pans an utility knives.

Just be careful not to over-eat at the picnic (trying to keep this thread on topic).:twisted:

Well, if one overeats at this picnic, it will only happen once. The summer picnic fare usually consists of Cajun jambalaya, Buffalo hot wings, and habanero ice cream!

(Most employees make it back to the office by Tuesday...)

So my gobo costs includes your hamburgers?

Not cool, not cool. :(

Well no, not really. My Ferrari payment goes into your gobo costs. :wall:

Attachments

• Ferrari problem.jpg
    Ferrari problem.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 134

Users who are viewing this thread

Back