The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Apollo Gobo Design Contest!

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by lieperjp, Feb 24, 2009.

1. lieperjp

lieperjp Well-Known Member

Teacher
    Ha, I beat Kelite to it! Can I get a free pack of gum?

[​IMG]

Enter Here

2. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    Nice one Lieper... that's good gum!

3. DaveySimps

DaveySimps CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Performing Arts Center Manager
    Do you get free gum with each pay stub from Apollo? Just wondering. That would be a substantial benefit. Plus everyone whould have minty fresh breath every other Friday afternoon. :grin:

~Dave

4. Kelite

Kelite Apollo Staff Premium Member

lieperjp, I appreciate you posting the 'Design a Pattern' contest info, as I really don't want to use the ControlBooth to push the Apollo product line. The CB has become a great resource to solve challenges and learn what is available in the market place. I would not want to mis-use the privilege.

With the economy gripping the marketing budgets of so many companies, it's been a crusade to keep the Beechies going out with every order. But until the gumball machine runs out- CHEW AWAY!

:clap: :dance:

5. MNicolai

MNicolai Well-Known Member Fight Leukemia

Consultant
    Just a reminder that the contest deadline of April 30, 2009, is fast-approaching, so make sure to get entries in quickly.

I'd be interested to hear how many people have made submissions here from CB, and I'd especially like to see what people have come up with, but I think prior to the final tally of votes for the contest posting submissions may not be a wise idea. Would that be accurate, Kelite?

Personally, I've already made five or six submissions, ranging from plain steel to colored class. Has anyone else been involved with the contest at all this year?

6. Kelite

As with most contests, last-minute submissions have a tendency to increase. This shouldn't deter any creative folks not to send in their designs for new and exciting patterns. The final pattern selections are made at the close of the contest, so last-minute entries have every bit the chance to 'see their day in court', so to speak.

We appreciate all the designers that have allowed us the chance to view their work, and as we all should be aware- there are no 'losing patterns' per se. Each design certainly carries it's own emotion and creativity, providing texture within it's intended environment. Some patterns may be more easily digested by a larger population within the theatrical market, and that is why they become Apollo Standard patterns in the end.

So- fire away!

:)

7. MNicolai

MNicolai Well-Known Member Fight Leukemia

Consultant
    Whoops; I think my question was a little too ambiguous. I was discussing whether or not it'd be acceptable to post submissions here on CB prior to the voting for the contest.

8. Kelite

Hi Mike, sorry to misunderstand your post!

You and the rest of the CB lighting designers/students/techs/bottle washers may post your designs anywhere you please, especially here at the ControlBooth. The beauty of this forum is not only the dissemination of ideas and techniques, but also gobo design as well. As you already know, if a design is posted for public use in an open forum then it becomes public domain for users worldwide to 'borrow'.
    (Sorry to sound like a lawyer, just covering my bases that's all!)

9. gafftaper

Theater Manager & T.D.
    Mike I'm feeling lazy and low on gum. Post your submissions so I can copy them and submit them too. :drool:

Perhaps you should wait until the contest is over to post your submissions. It would be fun to see everyone's submissions here and discuss them once the contest is closed.

10. Kelite

Alright everyone, gather 'round. The winners of the 2009 Design A Pattern contest are.....

Apollo Design | 2009 Winners

11. gafftaper

Theater Manager & T.D.
    I love the "Chinese Breakup" there are a lot of shows where that would be a really interesting touch. Confederate Mist could be useful as well for a lot of things.

Anybody around here one of the winners?